Chaoter 37

A steady stream of internal force transferred to Gong Yi Mo's hand, giving warmth. Gong Jue saw his sister look up at him in surprise. He only lowered his head and coldly said,

"In the future, don't meet with the Crown Prince alone."

"What?"

Gong Yi Mo was baffled. She couldn't understand why he would ask such a thing.

Gong Jue suddenly reached out with his other hand and... rubbed her head affectionately.

He was now much taller than Gong Yi Mo. However, who let him do something like rubbing her head? Just when Gong Yi Mo wanted to throw a fit, she looked up and saw sadness within his ink-like eyes.

"What must I do for Sister Gong to no longer have to sacrifice for me?"

Whether it was trying to earn money, or planning for his future, or even worrying for him.

"I just want to make Sister Gong happy."

He just wanted to protect her, cherish her, and watch her stay happy and carefree rather than leaving her the way she was now-over exerting herself to plan meticulously for his every step.

Gong Yi Mo felt touched. She smiled, "I am happy now!"

There was no falsehood in her expression. It seems that for her, working hard for his sake was a joyful thing in itself. At that moment, Gong Jue just wanted to embrace her and hug her tightly in his arms!

He wanted to hold her dearly, kiss her forehead, and integrate her entire body into his flesh and blood! So what about them being siblings and public opinion? He was not afraid-not afraid of anything!

As he patted her head, the young boy's mood came to a climax of conflicting feelings!

What do I have?

This sentence suddenly flashed through Gong Jue's mind.

What qualifications do I have to embrace her?

The wind seemed to suddenly turn frigid.

Gong Jue looked at Gong Yi Mo intensely and passion flared within his eyes, but his hands soon fell heavily to his side and he gave a slight sigh.

No, he shouldn't rush things... He was not qualified right now, but he would be later.

Having to endure was nothing; he was not afraid of waiting as long as she was there.

Gong Yi Mo noticed her brother's downcast mood. Such a mature expression should not appear on a young boy's face, so she couldn't help but frown in worry. Gong Yi Mo looked down and felt her stomach.

"I originally wanted to give you something then go back and have dinner. I didn't think that we'd meet up this late. You haven't eaten either, right? Do you want to join me for a meal?"

She seemed to brighten up as she spoke.

Gong Jue looked at her for a long time then sighed as if in defeat. He smiled, his eyes filled with helplessness and indulging.

"Alright."

*

Since Gong Jue's important mission was to build reservoirs and ditches in Xi Zhou along with sending disaster relief supplies, he would be accompanied by master craftsmen, naval forces, as well as other technicians.

Due to the enormity of the project, the materials to be transported was more than double of their cargo in previous years. That was why when Gong Yi Mo earnestly proposed that the group split up and exit through three different gates, Emperor Gong acceded to her request. However, such a move made the people who wanted to sabotage the materials panic.