Forest of the Dead

The skeleton continued to advance on everyone, still repeating; "Hey, who turned out the lights?"

Thinking quickly, River fired her sonic blaster at the wall, leaving a square-shaped opening large enough for everyone to escape through. "This way! Quickly! Move!" she urged and everyone did so.

———————————————————————————

Donna found herself sitting on a hospital bed in pyjamas when a black man in a suit entered the room. "Who are you?" Donna asked as she stood.

"I'm Dr Moon." the man replied, "I've been treating you since you came here two years ago."

"Oh, god." Donna blinked in recognition, "Dr Moon, I'm so sorry. What's wrong with me? I didn't know ya for a moment."

"And then you remembered." Dr Moon said calmly, "Shall we go for a walk?"

———————————————————————————

Next thing Donna knew, she and Dr Moon were walking outside the hospital. "No more dreams, then?" Dr Moon asked, "The Doctor, the Artist and the blue box, time and space?"

"How did we get here?" Donna asked, looking at her surroundings and wandering how they'd changed at the blink of an eye.

"We came down the stairs, out the front door. We passed Mrs Ali on the way out."

"Yeah." Donna nodded, "Yeah, we did, I forgot that."

"And then you remembered. Shall we go down to the river?"

———————————————————————————

Next moment, Donna found herself by a river bank with Dr Moon. "You said 'river'." Donna frowned, "And suddenly we're feeding ducks."

"Dr Moon!" a voice called, and Donna turned to see a handsome man dressed in fishing gear walk up. "Morning!" he greeted them.

"Donna Noble, Lee McAvoy." Dr Moon introduced.

"Hello, Lee." Donna greeted.

"Hello, D-D." Lee stammered.

"Ooh, ya've got a bit of a stammer there." Donna smiled, "Bless."

"D-D."

"Oh, skip to a vowel." Donna advised, "They're easy."

———————————————————————————

All of a sudden, Donna found herself walking back to the hospital with Dr Moon. "How did we leave it, him and me?" she asked.

"I was under the impression he was inviting you fishing tomorrow." Dr Moon replied.

———————————————————————————

Donna stepped into Lee's room, dressed for a date. "So, fishing?" she asked Lee, who was dressed for fishing.

———————————————————————————

Donna and Lee sat on the river bank, sheltering from the rain under an umbrella. "D-D." Lee tried to speak.

"Gorgeous, and can't speak a word." Donna smiled, "What am I gonna do with you?"

———————————————————————————

Lee carried Donna, who was wearing a wedding dress, across the threshold of a house. "Welcome home, M-Mrs McAvoy." Lee said and kissed his new bride.

———————————————————————————