IV

Safina's POV.

Akbar Abdulshaheed.
He's smart.
He's handsome.
He's tall.
He has broad shoulders.
He's nice.
I never knew I'd be crushing at my age.

I remember the day I saw him.
I parked right next to him and it took me a while to gather up the courage to help him with his things.
The employees talk about him like he's this ruthless, aggressive demon but he's actually really sweet and kind.

Yesterday he had his assistant hire seven people that will be helping me in the kitchen. Unfortunately he left before I could thank him so today I'm taking the coffee to his office personally.
Ada wasn't at her desk so she's probably in his office.
I knock.

"Come in" he answers.

I enter and find him lying down on his couch.
"Oh, sorry. I thought you were with Ada"

He shakes his head "It's fine. And it's 6:30 Safina, Ada doesn't show up until 7am"
I nod.
I was trying to play it cool but I really love the way he calls my name, it's so sexy!!!

"I wanted to thank you for getting me help, thank you so much"
"Don't do that. You don't need to thank me. I can't let you come to work by 6am and leaving by 7pm. It's not safe for a woman, especially one who makes extraordinary coffee".

I blush.
I hand him the coffee.
"I decided to bring this to you personally"

"Thank you"
I was about to walk out when he calls me.
"Safina?"
I nod "Yeah?"

"You said you cater right?"
I shake my head "No, I don't have the number to do that"
"Those people weren't hired just to help you at work, it's to help you with whatever you need to do wherever it may be"

I froze.
"What?"
"Yeah, whatever you need help with, just call them"

If I could I would hug him.
I will.
I will.
"Anyway, my brother's wife is throwing a birthday party for him and I was wondering if you'll do the catering. I think I should at least help her with that"

I nod "I'd love to. Whatever you need"
He smiles "Great, why don't you give me your contact and I'll forward that to her?"

I froze yet again.
"Safina?"
"Yeah, okay"

::

It's probably the best day I've had since I lost my parents.
I lean on the kitchen counter.
The help has been massive.
I feel like a head chef in a big establishment.
The kitchen at the office is bigger than most of the kitchens in restaurants and I've been to many.

"Safina!"
I roll my eyes.
"Are you ignoring me?" Idris asks as he walks through the kitchen door.

"I can't believe you're ignoring me" idris says.
He works under the COO, no one likes her because she's stuck up. She hasn't done anything to me so I don't have a problem with her.

"I'm trying to work"
He smiles weirdly "What's going on between you and Akbar?"
"Excuse me?"

He smiles "You can tell me. First, he smiles with only you. Second, he got you help and third, someone saw you taking coffee to him personally this morning"

I groan "This office and gossip. There's nothing plus he smiles with Ada"
"It's not the same, Ada is very capable and she's been his secretary for the last 6years. It's not the same"

"You all just gossip a little too much".
"So you're not telling me? Anyway, can you ask a favor on our behalf?"

"Your behalf?"
"Yes, our department"

I shake my head "Go to Ada"
He hisses "Ada is a hopeless case"

I nod "Then I am too, bye. I'm busy" I decide to start supervising.