V

Noor's POV.

I get in the elevator.
It's not my first time but it's still so difficult but I need this, I can't lose it.

"406" I read the number on the door.
I put in the key card and open the door.

I've gotten so used to seeing rooms like this, they don't impress me anymore.
It's a king size suite.
But being here doesn't make me happy, it makes me feel worthless.

I enter the room and see him lying down.
A man older than my late father.
"Noor, you're late"
I smile "Sorry, class took longer than usual"

I run over and hug him.
Every moment felt like torture but I did it anyway.
I smile excitedly "You've been out of the country too long, I missed you so much"

He puts his arms around me.
"I know. Did your sister love her gift?"
"I had to beg her, she wouldn't accept it"

He smiles "Does she know it's from me?"
I shake my head "I didn't tell her about you, she's already going through enough pain baby"

He nods "You're so considerate, she's lucky to have you"
I nod "I as well".

"You should go take a shower first, I'll join you after I make a call"
I nod smiling.

::

Safina's POV.

I laugh.
So Akbar usually works during the weekend and today is sanitation day. I decided to make it so after every three weeks.

I arrived before everyone else and luckily for me he was there.
"But why are you here in the conference room instead of your office?"

"I'm already in my office 18hours a day for 5days. A little change won't hurt"
I nod "That's true"

"So sanitation day? I like that"
"You do?"
"Yeah, it only proves you care about the environment in which you cook, it's really nice and impressive but it doesn't surprise me that you do"

"Why?"
"Because you do everything right. I should get some tips from you"

I shake my head "I never felt I was doing anything right. It's my first time actually"
"How?"

"Things were difficult for my parents and I wanted to be a chef, I felt like a burden. They never said it but I felt like it. Working here—it just feels so right and I still thank God I got this opportunity"
"I'm thanking him too".

I blush.
"Anyway, where did you work before?"
"I just did miniature gigs, anything I got. At least with those I could pay the electricity and water bills and also for food".

He looked at me with pity and then it washes off his face in a second "But you're here now, don't worry your family won't bother you here and you don't need to keep feeling indebted to your uncle"

I tilt my head.
Was he jealous of Uncle Hadi?
"What? Uncle Hadi is a nice man"

He shake his head "There's definitely something off about that man, that much I know".
"You think so?"

He nods "Just don't keep being indebted to him. If you need anything, I'll be here"
"Then I'll be indebted to you"

He ponders for a second.
"Who would you rather be indebted to?"

Before I could utter a word the door opens and my female boss walks in.
"Akbar" she calls him.
She froze when she sees him with me.

"What's going on here?" She asks sitting on the table.
"Isn't it obvious? We're talking"