8

-Edinburgh-
Galand arrived back at the distorted castle, beaten and smashed. "That little bitch! She's dead next time I see her!" he growled. Zeldris jumped down in front of him, glaring at him, "You fought Aella?" he asked angrily. Zeldris explicitly ordered him not to touch me and he couldn't lie or else he'd be turned to stone from his Commandment. "She antagonized me! Was I just supposed to let her talk shit?! She protected that traitor and-" he tried explaining to cover his ass but Zeldris wasn't having it, still pissed I'd left him last night and this didn't help his mood. He used his sword and struck Galand, knocking him backwards and further injuring him. Estarossa and Melascula snickered a little, earning a glare from Galand. "Brother, why don't you just retrieve her? I'm sure you can convince her to stay," Estarossa suggested. Zeldris glared at his other older brother, "She's made it clear she won't be helping us," he growled. Estarossa put his hands up in defense, "Why are you taking it out on us? You know our traitorous brother is to blame for this. He's poisoned her mind into fighting for the other clans."

Zeldris contemplated Estarossa's suggestion. He looked at the rest of the group. "Go restore your magic. Use whatever means necessary," he ordered them. They took off, except for Estarossa. "Are you not going?" Zeldris asked him. The middle brother shook his head, "It's been awhile. I think I'll relax a bit. What are you going to do?" He looked to the south, "I'm gonna go get Aella."

-Camelot-
I was drowning my emotions in alcohol, what I could feel at least. My eyes were still very much black, my mark prevalent under my left eye. I heard them enter behind me as Hawk's Mom started flying. Meliodas plopped down on the bar stool next to me. "Thanks, Aella...I know you're still mad at me...I'm really sorry," he apologized quietly. I stared into the bottle I was drinking from, "What you said hurt, Meliodas. You know I don't let anyone in and for you to say that...it hurt worse than Zel forcing me to tell you those things," I admitted. It hurt to hear that, but he was thankful I was speaking to him again. He sighed heavily, "I really regret it and I didn't mean it. You're always welcome here," he reiterated. It was hard for me to stay mad at him for this long. I gave him a soft smile, "I guess I can forgive you. Just please don't say something like that to me again. You're my only friend and it broke my hearts, Mel..." He squeezed me tightly, making me gasp, "I love you, Aella! You're like a little sister to me. I don't want to hurt you."

I grinned, "I love you too, like my big brother. Now can you stop squishing me, please? Also, where are we going?" I heard King's voice behind me, "We're going after Diane, she ran away and I'm worried about her." I turned around and forgot I was still using my demon powers so he was startled by my appearance. "Oh, sorry," I apologized, my eyes returned to their normal orange and the mark faded, "That better?" He scowled at me, "What was that?!" I made a nervous face and looked at Meliodas who shrugged, "You already told everyone else. What difference does it make if King knows as well?" he giggled. He was being strangely lax about this. I returned my gaze to King and rubbed the back of my head sheepishly, "I'm a demon...surprise?" I grinned at him with my eyes closed briefly. He was outraged, "Captain! You brought a demon here?! How can we trust her?!" he shouted. He'd missed a lot and I shrunk back a little, that sort of reaction was why I didn't get close to anyone for fear they'd treat me this way.

As hard as I'd tried to prevent myself from being bothered by others' anger and hatred towards me, it still reminded me of my Father and I couldn't deny anymore that it made me
sad. Meliodas noticed the change in my demeanor and threw his arm around my shoulders, "I don't know why it's a problem. You've been around me for years and I'm a demon too!" King's jaw dropped, as well as some of the others. They assumed he was but it wasn't explicitly said aloud and they didn't expect him to admit it so nonchalantly. "I knew there was something off about you. How do we know you haven't helped orchestrate the breaking of the seal with those other demons?!" he shouted, he was shaking he was so angry. Meliodas was about to speak when we felt a powerful presence land outside, they kicked the door in making the others jump.