16

"Did you get any Commandments?" Meliodas asked, ignoring everything his brother just said and what he'd just been caught doing. Zeldris clenched his fists and jaw, he could see Meliodas felt no remorse and wasn't going to acknowledge his wrong doing. "No. I was tricked by that mage friend of yours," he admitted angrily. We both knew there was no point in attempting to get Meliodas to apologize, let alone admit he did anything wrong, in Assault Mode without his emotions. "They're not my friends. What about Estarossa?" he asked, irritated. Zel shook his head, "He hasn't come back yet." Meliodas grunted in response then looked back at me then to his brother again, "Come on, there's an intruder in the castle." He jumped off the roof, leaving the two of us alone. Zeldris immediately engulfed me tightly in a hug, "I'm so sorry for leaving you here alone, Aella. I never imagined he'd do this, I thought it was just an empty threat to get me to do what he wanted. I'll never forgive myself," he sniffled a little, trying to hold back the agony he was feeling in that moment. We didn't have time to feel anything right now, what with a war going on.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him deeply, wanting to get the taste of his brother out of my mouth and to forget the feeling of him all over me. I stayed in my Savage Mode so I couldn't really feel my own agony but wishing I could take his away. "I love you more than anything in all the realms, Zeldris. It isn't your fault your brother is vile and cruel, please know that. Don't blame yourself. My only hope now is he truly does break my curse so he can't prevent me from destroying him should he try it again," I was stroking his soft black hair as I gazed into his black eyes with my own. I kissed his lips softly, then grabbed his hand, "We should probably go see who broke in." He sighed, "I love you too, Aella. I'm gonna protect you, I swear..." he promised as we jumped down to join Meliodas.

He was waiting for us, Chandler and Cusack had already gone ahead. We followed him down to where we felt the other two and walked into the room with the strange sword. "Sir Meliodas? Aella? What are you two doing here? Why do you look like that? I know you're demons but...I thought...you were on our side," it was Arthur, distraught by the sight of us with Zeldris, Chandler, and Cusack, not to mention the darkness shrouding our bodies. "Chandler. Cusack. I know him," Meliodas stated coldly, "Arthur. This isn't a place for humans anymore. Get out of here." Arthur had tears streaming down his face as he looked at the two of us. "Aella...you saved Camelot...me...from that monster when it attacked, why did you switch sides?" he asked, staring at my hand in Zeldris', "Is it because of him? You'd abandon your morals for...for...for sex?! You're despicable! And you, Sir Meliodas, I looked up to you! What about your friends? Lady Elizabeth?!" He slammed his fist on the ground, "I'll stop all of you!"

Before any of the men in the room moved, I had Arthur on his back with my knee in his chest, glaring at him. "Love," I growled, confusing him, "W-what?" he stuttered out. "Love. I abandoned them...for love. But I wouldn't say they were morals so much as indifference towards humans. Really the only reason I didn't kill them in the first place was probably because Meliodas was around. So quit crying and whining when you have no idea what you speak of," I spat at him. "Aella, that's enough. Get off him," I heard Meliodas command me. I gritted my teeth as my eyes glowed and I stood up obediently. Meliodas noticed I intentionally avoided getting any closer to him than I had to as I went to go stand next to Zeldris. Arthur took this chance to grab the strange sword and started attacking us, seemingly now a master in swordsmanship. It quickly devolved into him no longer being able to pick up the sword, likely from exhausting himself so quickly.

We had him backed in a corner, having healed completely if we had any injuries. A strange cat was with him and then I heard Cusack use his Resonance. Suddenly, Merlin appeared and glared at me, then Meliodas. "Elizabeth is working hard to stop you, Meliodas. You should think about that...we know you don't want to truly be the Demon King," she shouted at him before looking back at me. "You claim to be Meliodas' best friend and you have the power to stop him, but you're just going to let him go through with this? Why, Aella?" she yelled at me. I scoffed at her, "The Meliodas you loved is gone. He's as vile as he was before he met her. He showed me that tonight..." my voice trailed off as I looked down at Zeldris' arm next to me and grabbed onto him. He was startled a bit, not expecting it since he was concentrating on defending against Merlin should he need to. She instantly knew what I meant after seeing how I clung to Zeldris right after and looked at Meliodas with disgust, "She's going to save you Meliodas...hopefully before you do anything worse..." She looked at me with pity when she said this, then she teleported her and Arthur away.