12

It was the middle of the day, there didn't seem to be anyone in the Boar Hat except Elizabeth and Hawk. "Stop using your demon powers, you know full well there's no one here that's a threat right now," I scolded him. He rolled his eyes as they changed from black to green. I opened the door, and saw Elizabeth cleaning the bar while Hawk ate some scraps. "Aella!" she exclaimed excitedly until she saw Zeldris behind me. She shrunk back in fear and Hawk snorted at us, "Why are you two here?! You've done enough, it's your fault Meliodas is dead, now get out of here or face me!" he shouted. Zeldris smirked down at the pig at our feet, "I bet you'd taste pretty good," he threatened. Hawk's eyes widened, he ran away yelling, "He's just like Meliodas!!" This made me giggle and Zeldris scoff, "I'm nothing like that idiot," he grumbled. "Why are you here, Aella?" Elizabeth asked, her voice a mixture of fear and anger, "How dare you bring him here! Sir Meliodas will stop both of you when he comes back!"

I sighed, this was harder than I thought it'd be. Though I wasn't really sure what I was expecting. I was an enemy now. Even if I was able to save Meliodas from them at that time, I was still sleeping with the enemy's leader and that alone was enough to deem me an enemy as well. "I really only came here to take Meliodas' good booze. We're not here to hurt you," I explained. She looked at me incredulously, "Are you serious, Aella? You claim Sir Meliodas is your best friend but you let him be killed, sleep with the enemy, and then to add insult to injury you're going to steal from him?" I scrunched my brows as I stared at her, "Elizabeth, I didn't let him be killed. I tried to stop Estarossa but..." I trailed off, all of us knew it was Zeldris that stopped me but I didn't want to say it.

I sighed heavily, "And it's not like I just suddenly met Zeldris and decided to sleep with him, I've known him just as long as Meliodas. Sure we argued constantly back then but I didn't know what I was feeling at the time. If you want to blame anyone, blame Meliodas for making me realize I loved his brother. And lastly, Meliodas doesn't need all this booze anyway. He's enough of a drunk as is." She was horrified by how nonchalant I was being considering just yesterday she and the others had watched me bawl my eyes out over his death. "Anyway, if you'll excuse me," I mumbled as I jumped over the bar, "I'm just gonna grab some stuff and we'll be on our way." I was surprised when she picked up a sword to haphazardly point it at me. I smirked and knocked it away as I looked through the bottles of booze. "I'm the second strongest and second fastest demon to exist, you're not gonna get me with a poorly wielded dull blade, Princess," I giggled, grabbing several bottles.

I stood up and looked at her, she had tears in her eyes, making me feel sick to my stomach. "Elizabeth...I'm sorry. This isn't what I wanted at all, you have to believe me. I love Meliodas like my big brother. He was my first friend, I'm devastated he's gone...but he'll be back, I promise you that," I reassured her quietly then walked back to Zeldris to hand him some of the bottles that were precariously stacked in my arms. "If this isn't what you wanted and you were devastated, you wouldn't be here raiding his bar with the man responsible," she retorted through her tears. Zeldris scoffed, finally deciding to speak to her, "None of this would be happening if it weren't for you. There wouldn't have been a first Holy War in the first place!" I frowned at him, "Zel...stop!" His eyes turned black as he glanced from me and back to her, his demon mark appearing, "No, Aella. She needs to fucking know I wouldn't be doing any of this had she not convinced my brother to leave us in the demon realm! You, goddess, it's YOU who started all of this! Meliodas would've stayed with us in the demon realm if it wasn't for you! I looked up to him, he was my hero! But you came along and changed everything! He wouldn't have been cursed, Aella wouldn't have been cursed. It's your fault. So shut the fuck up about me and take a look in the mirror."

He kicked the door down and walked outside angrily. I looked back at Elizabeth, who was bewildered, staring at the hole Zeldris had just stormed out of. She looked at me, "...Goddess? My...fault? What is he talking about, Aella?" I sighed heavily, "I'm sorry. It's better for everyone if I don't tell you. Just...stay alive for Meliodas' sake. I don't really wanna have a showdown with him over you, it's been awhile since I fought at my peak with him and I don't think I'm ready yet." She looked even more confused as I turned and chased after my lover. He was seething in hatred outside. "Hey. Let's go. We can drink and you can do what I promised you, okay?" I urged, trying to comfort and pacify him. He sighed heavily through his nose and stood still for a few seconds, lost in thought then turned and smiled softly at me, "I can't stay mad with you around. Let's go."