1 | The routine

Without anyone's permission, another day had started, not willing to give students some rest by stopping the time for once.

Opening the same, old wooden door that should've been replaced a long time ago, 22 y.o. Lee Heeseung, entered classroom number 36. It was also known as "the cursed classroom" since it was located the farthest in the entire school. Getting there took going up to the 4th floor and walking to the very end of the hall. That was why everyone, including even the teachers, was exhausted once stepping inside the classroom. It was no different for the boy that day.

"At least I'm not alone in this pain..." Heeseung said while sighing.

Shortly after sitting down in his chair, one of his friends came up to him, smiling widely.

"Good morning, hyung, slept well?" he said kind of sarcastically.

The boy that approached him - Jungwon - was the social and popular kid who tried to befriend everyone. He became friends with Heeseung a few months prior because he had thought of the older as a mysterious yet fun guy.

"I think you can figure out the answer yourself," the taller replied tiredly, not caring to look at his friend.

"I for sure can. I see you're still asleep, so I won't disturb you anymore... Luckily for you it's art class now. Sleep well, hyung!" Jungwon said as he walked back to his seat.

Heeseung sighed once again and put his head against the desk, shutting his eyes, trying to fall asleep while all his classmates were making a din.

He wouldn't call himself an anti-social person, the fault was on the other side. People often called him odd and would subconsciously back away from him, even though there seemed to be no logical reason behind it. The boy sort of got used to it. He accepted it and tried to focus on other, more important things. That was why he had so few friends. If being honest, he only had Yang Jungwon and Sim Jake. The two were attending the same class as their hyung, but even they weren't as close as to call them his best friends. Yes, they sometimes had deep conversations about their struggles etc., though it didn't mean closeness to Heeseung.

"Lee Heeseung," the teacher said loudly enough for everyone in the class to hear.

After a short period of silence, she heard a snore as a reply.

One of the students from behind shook the black-haired boy's shoulder lightly to wake him up. They were 10 minutes into the lesson, yet even the bell hadn't disturbed his sleeping until then.

"Wha... Oh um, yes, Mrs.?" Heeseung said, barely lifting his head up, as if he wasn't bothered at all.

"Stop sleeping during my classes and behave. Anyways, as I mentioned earlier...." the teacher let it slide and continued the monologue.

After that class, the boy was totally bored out as well as tired. How was he supposed to survive 5 more of these demonic pieces which make up hell, or what abnormal people like to call it, school.

It's not that studying was hard for Heeseung - if anything, he qualified for the top students list. He could outshine almost anyone with his knowledge, but it didn't sound entertaining to him. Instead, his brain made him search for something social norm-breaking that might catch his interest. From simple things such getting on someone's nerves for a day to bigger challenges like making someone do something of great importance by using his manipulation skills.

One could call it irrational or apathetic. Heeseung didn't see an issue with it and chose to ignore society's standards. As long as it made him excited, scared, fascinated - he was willing to make sacrifices for it.

While being deep in thought, he heard a sudden bang, making him snap out of it.

As he looked to the front of the class, he saw two students - Sunoo and Niki, both having fearful expressions on their faces. Heeseung became curious of the cause for their worry. He looked in the direction that the duo was looking at. There, he saw him.

The person they were fearing was none other than the Park Sunghoon.

The white-haired boy was starring coldly at the troublemakers, holding the item he was hit with. It happened to be a small rubber ball that they had played with until one of them accidentally threw it in Sunghoon's direction, causing it to hit the male's head. It must've been a powerful throw since he squeezed his eyes shut, hissed and clenched his fist once the ball hit him.

Heesung would lie if he said he didn't find the boy hot by doing that.

He totally fixated on Sunghoon, making sure he captured his every little move. He got so mesmerised by the view that he didn't notice when he had started blushing. Thankfully, no one paid attention to him at that moment.

"Who did it." Sunghoon commanded more than asked the duo which was undoubtedly responsible for the whole fuss.

Most of the students were silent, glancing at one another from time to time, too frightened by the tension.

"Don't make me repeat myself." The pissed yet serious looking boy spoke. He almost reached his limit of patience.

"It- it was me," Niki, the younger of the duo, finally uttered something, feeling numb because of Park's gaze.

"Niki, please, no!" Sunoo whispered to him, gripping younger's shirt from behind, eyes slowly filling with salty tears.

"Then come here, now." Sunghoon again demanded.

Some students standing closer to him swore they felt a drop of the room temperature.

The tension could be cut with a knife. As much as Heeseung also felt it, a stronger feeling occupied his mind. He needed to stop. To control himself before he would make a regretful act. But the scene that would happen next, made it a lot harder.
_________________________________

idk how to feel abt this, but I hope it was at least somewhat enjoyable

see you in the next oneee :D