3 | New obsession?

Still walking, Jake with Heeseung waited for the other to give them an owed explanation.

"Well," Jungwon started, "I may or may not be in a very friendly relationship with someone." He avoided the gaze of his best friend.

"Yeah, and that 'someone' is Jay." Jake said, trying to stop his cat-looking friend from beating around the bush.

"It's Jay hyung for you, prat! He's older than both of us!." The younger pointed out.

"Isn't he my age, though?" Jake got confused.

"Wait- Okay never mind," Jungwon became embarrassed.

"So are you two together?" Heeseung asked suddenly, slightly startling Jungwon.

"Not exactly... we surely spend a lot of time together. To be honest, I don't know about Jay hyung but I think I have more than platonic feelings towards him."

"I understand." The oldest nodded his head.

"Will I ever get to meet him though?" Jake spoke, hoping for the other to say yes.

"If you want to then why not. Just give me some time for now, okay?" Jungwon replied, feeling unsure.

"No problem, Wonie." The Australian said, patting his best friend's soft hair.

Their walk to the apartments was rather chaotic due to the endless bickering of the roommates. Though, every one of them seemed to enjoy one another's company.

After bidding farewells to Jake and Jungwon, Heeseung sat down on his couch, feeling tiredness taking over his body. Maybe the constant noise of the duo wasn't that profitable after all. Nonetheless, he felt happy having the opportunity to spend time with more people than just himself, alone.

Having a few more hours till his next scheduled meal, Heeseung used that time to ponder on his day at school.

Usually he'd be the one to find himself entertainment, yet that time showed him it didn't have to be the case. And who was he to protest?

His goals had been always about making someone miserable or mad - until that day. Heeseung, yet not aware, began to abruptly develop an obsession. Needless to say, the obsession couldn't have occured if he hadn't thought of Sunghoon as a potential love interest, but fixation - being the stronger idea - took control over his mind.

Heeseung spent the rest of the day doing daily tasks, trying to focus on getting things done rather than thinking.
_

The next day came. The raven-haired boy woke up after a good sleep, something he hadn't experienced in about a week or so. That made him get up from the bed without complaining and start his morning routine.

He checked the clock. It was twenty past seven, normally he'd barely manage to crawl out of the bed at that time, yet on that morning he was arleady done with everything.

He thought of a little challenge for  himself. He felt bored and that could make the feeling go away. He wanted to try to be the first in class. It sounded like a silly or even childish idea, but surprisingly it didn't include hurting anyone, so why not.

Once getting his messenger bag (I rlly adore them) with essential notebooks inside, he ran out of his apartment - not forgetting to lock it - and sprinted down the stairs of the building.

Shortly after, he was outside, ready to head to school. Even though he didn't try to rush, it took him only a few minutes to get there.

Heeseung stood in front of the school entrance and looked at the clock above him, showing it was almost half past seven. Maybe he still had a chance?

Two more minutes passed and Heeseung was finally facing the door of the classroom. Before entering, he stopped moving for a moment, feeling somebody's presence. From the corner of his eye he saw someone slowly taking steps, walking towards his direction. He figured it could be one of his classmates, so he shrugged, then slid the door open and stepped inside.

Sitting on his chair, the boy tried to fix his hair. He wanted to look somewhat presentable in front of others. He looked at the view outside the window, waiting for nothing. I guess he completed his challenge - because no one else was in the room before him -  but it wasn't satisfying for the boy.

Before he again started to feel boredom, a loud creak could be heard. Heeseung looked at the door opening, revealing a familiar silhouette. His breath hitched, hands becoming slightly sweaty.

The person entering watched Heeseung from a safe distance, keeping a poker face while walking towards their seat.

Heeseung tried to act cool, successfully managing to look unbothered, though his heart pounded harder than moments ago. 'It was very worth it,' He thought, referring to his previous little challenge.

As expected, he wanted to make the best of the given situation. Quickly coming up with a plan, Heeseung stood up and walked, with seemingly effortless grace, to the front of the class. Passing Sunghoon - the new person who entered right after him - he made his way to the board hanging on the wall.

Seeing the raven-haired doing so, Sunghoon snapped out of his trail of thoughts and began watching the older. He had to agree Heeseung looked like a prince while walking like that, capturing the latter's complete attention.

Sunghoon smirked, knowing that action had to be well-thought-out. Supposedly it made him even more interested.

Once getting to the very front, Heeseung took a cloth lying on the teacher's desk and started wiping the board. "People these days, can't even get their job done properly." He said as he finished, faking a disgusted expression to accentuate his irritation. "How disappointing." He added while making eye contact with Sunghoon, seeking his approval, yet he was met with the same poker face he had seen before. Realising his failure, he put away the cloth and went back to his seat, not looking at Sunghoon for a split second.

To be honest he was right, their class, as said before, was the farthest from the rest. That's why not even the cleaning staff wanted to take care of it - leaving the students of classroom 36 to do all the cleaning on their own. This meant the mentioned room wasn't always clean, the board being abandoned the most often.

Heesung was frustrated, he wasn't used to losing his own games. He thought taking on Sunghoon's attitude from the other day would make the white-haired take an instant liking to him. Though, he saw none in Sunghoon's face at all, no reactions that would give him a hint about the boy's state.

Heeseung didn't intend to give up, no, it only made him more greedy for Sunghoon. For his attention, for anything related to the latter that he could possibly get.
___________________________________

Fyi Sunghoon as well as the 02z are 2 years younger than Heeseung here, I just thought it would make more sense later on - nothing much important, though ;}