13 | Is everything okay?

While the days were slowly passing, everyday felt normal. Obviously now the two couples spent lots of time with each other and that led to the abandonment of one person from their so called "group" - Jake.

He was the only single in the trio and from his closer friends. That wouldn't be particularly a bad thing, except if Jake didn't have more time alone because of it.

The boy would spend his time thinking about anything and everything. Even at school he'd space out.

The loneliness made him rethink some things, one of them being the situation with Sunghoon.

'Is he a good boyfriend to Heeseung hyung?' Well, he literally witnessed him acting like a brat towards a younger classmate, this guy couldn't be so gentle and innocent.

To find out, Jake started spying on him - just in school, not to be creepy!

To make it less obvious and not to get caught, he simply tried to talk with Heeseung more - especially when Sunghoon was near him.

He made sure to note down any suspicious behaviour of the blond.

Once Jake even stepped over the line and sneakily followed Sunghoon to the bathroom. That was when he brought a camera with him to record the other, thus supporting his arguments against him with evidence.

'Let's see what is the prince up to.'

He heard Sunghoon entering the door which separated the sinks from the cabins. Jake stood behind the door, waiting for any sounds from the other side.

"I saw you looking," the blond spoke with his typical cold voice.

'Uh oh, some drama?'

"Wh-what? When? Where?" The student questioned, startled by Sunghoon's presence at his back.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, kid," Sunghoon demanded.

"Yah, I'm prolly older than you!" he looked around, now facing him.

Jake opened the door slightly to somewhat peek. He did it as silently as he could, thankfully, he succeeded.

"Shut your dirty mouth," Sunghoon suddenly took out a small razor blade from his pocket, pointing it to the guy's neck.

Jake froze for a second, as soon as he gained full consciousness, he grabbed his camera and turned it on without making a noise.

He proceded to record the scene with a shaky breath.

"O-oh," the guy uttered.

"As I was saying, you looked at my boyfriend earlier today, at the cafeteria. I cannot make it slide," he raised his eyebrow as he smirked, showing his fangs. "What should I do with a fucker like you, huh?"

"Leave me alone, please... It won't happen again, I promise."

Jake still watched them, fearing for his own life. He didn't know why but his body couldn't move so he stayed still and let it all happen in front of his very own eyes.

Sunghoon, who was irked by such responses, made a cut on the student's cheek without a warning, "You sound funny. Do better next time."

Sunghoon then tried to stab the other a couple of times while keeping a stone face, whereas the guy panicked and wanted to run away.

Before he escaped, Sunghoon managed to mangle his jacket and leave some cuts here and there, enough for him to burst into a cry. He ran away, not even noticing crouching Jake as he just wished he hadn't glanced at Heeseung that time.

Sunghoon stood there for a moment, breathing heavily, looking at the ceiling as he exhaled deeply.

Jake finally left the place on his tip toes,  those traumatic moments flashing in his mind's eyes. Once being in a safe distance from the crime scene, he also ran to get home quickly.

Shutting his bedroom door, he got on the bed as he rummaged through his back pack to find the camera.

"Where is-" he felt cold, metalish material touching his palms. "Thank goodness," Jake was relieved.

Turning it on, he looked for the video he recorded minutes ago.

"Please say that it shows anything worthy, c'mon," he played the video.

The recording, to his surprise, was pretty watchable. Jake managed to capture the two students well. Nevertheless, the audio consisted of some rustle and the boy's heavy breathing, making the recorded conversation not so clear.

As the most drastic moment was about to be shown, Jake focused more to see whether his efforts went in vain.

"Oh my," he squinted his eyes due to the horrific scene.

At least he now knew he had solid evidence to defend his prejudice against Sunghoon. He could surely get anyone on his side, even Heeseung himself - he believed.

"Heeseung hyung must see it asap, the guy's a fucking psycho!"
_

The next day, in the early morning, Jake stepped into Jungwon's bedroom in order to wake him up. He wanted to tell him the news since last night the younger came home too late to talk about such a hard topic.

"Jungwon! Won! One! Wake up!" he shouted and shook the boy by his shoulders.

The other groaned and tried to ignore Jake, turning away from him.

"Jay hyung is at the door!"

"Jay hyungie?!" Jungwon got up immediately, his eyes wide opened.

Jake rolled his eyes, "Asshole."

"You lied?! Omg I hate you so much rn!"

"But it's important, though! I need you to listen to me," Jake pleaded.

"Fine," Jungwon crossed his arms.

"It's about Sunghoon. He's worse than we thought!"

Jungwon looked at him, questioning the statement, "What do you mean by "we" and why "worse"?" he uncovered himself from the blanket he had slept under. "I don't find Sunghoon hyung a bad person, hyung. I spent some time with him... he's a great match for Heeseung hyung."

"What?! Are you insane?! Don't you remember that one time in the classroom when he scolded Ni-ki? Don't you think it was weird and unreasonable?"

"About that, everyone sees him as cold and stuff, maybe he just needed to release his bottled up anger. In addition, it happened once, never again," Jungwon reasoned. He truly believed in Sunghoon's innocence as well as good intentions.

Jake had his jaw dropped. Did his best friend just defend the villain of the story? He kind of felt betrayed by the younger.

'I guess he doesn't know about the toilets event yet...' Jake saddened.

"Okay, um, your opinion is valid but please let me show you something later today. At school, after our classes. Please?" Jake hoped to make the other agree. He thought he'd show the video to everyone relevant at the same time to team up against Sunghoon. To him it was the smartest plan he could think of.

"Make it short then. If so, I'll come," Jungwon didn't want to change his views, but he didn't want to let down his hyung too.

"I promise! Thank you, Jungwon-ah," He smiled sheepishly.

'It'll be better this way, for everyone. We'll get rid of him, we'll free ourselves.'
__________________________