7 | Stop being passive

The school day was coming to an end, even the bell had rang already.

The raven-haired boy stood up from his chair then began packing his things. Without thinking more; he left the classroom, walking towards his locker.

Unlocking it, two looking like love letters fell out, laying on the floor near the locker.

The reason why it didn't shock Heeseung was that he had been experiencing it once in a while. Surprisingly, he had a couple of admirers at school, most of them being younger girls.

He couldn't understand why would anyone give him letters, obviously he knew his beauty stood out from the rest, he never denied it. Though, he didn't portray himself as unique. He didn't shine with enthusiasm, wasn't someone to be worth becoming friends with. That was how he felt, the fact didn't bother him much - he just knew it.

Nevertheless, he received some despite 'not deserving' them.

Taking the letters to a bin nearby, throwing them in after tearing apart, he proceeded to walk back to the locker.

Before taking his bag on a shoulder, he saw a scene happening few metres away from him.

The scene in the question was a girl talking to Sunghoon while being all smiley.

Because he saw it sideways, he could see both of their faces. Sunghoon - as always - kept a poker face. Heeseung stared at them for a moment so Sunghoon realised the other was there since he peeked at him while 'listening' to the girl's babbling.

'Trying to act like you don't see me, huh? Then I'll make you notice me,' Hesseung thought as he was now 100% sure Sunghoon knew about his existence but constantly ignored him - according to Heeseung's beliefs.

Having come up with a quick plan, the raven-haired pulled something out of his bag before putting back on on and stepping towards the two students.

Sunghoon watched Heeseung's every move, trying to figure out what the boy tried to do.

While passing behind the girl who was  speaking to the blond, Heeseung took the sharp scissors he was holding and swiftly cut half the length of her hair, letting it fall down as he took a short glimpse of Sunghoon then ran away.

Before the poor girl could react, Heeseung was out of sight, "Oh my god! My hair!" she held her now uneven hair while tears formed in her eyes. "What has just happened?! Have you seen it?!" she exclaimed, almost crying.

"Huh?" Sunghoon replied dryly, his expression not changing, as if he didn't care at all.

"Did you see who did it?!" she said, which sounded more like a cry filled with miserableness. Her hands were trembling, her lips pursed to not let a whimper slip out of her mouth.

Sunghoon suppressed a smirk, "No," he stated, clearly lying to her face.
_

Heeseung sat on the couch, again with his mind full of thoughts, 'Did he finally notice me?'

'This girl shouldn't be talking to him anyway so I guess I was just giving her the well-deserved karma... I hope she won't get close to Sunghoon again, she surely learned her lesson.'

He balled his hand into a fist, "Why was she grinning so much? Who allowed her to waste Sunghoon's vision on her clownish smile?!"

Heeseung found himself getting furious, calming down immediately after realising the state he ended up in.

Having free time with no company at his home made Heeseung fall into a web of abusing thoughts, poking at his insecurities. He yet didn't know how to deal with them. Thankfully, he was at least able to recognise the state, thus making progress on his journey of learning about his own self.

As a college student without the help of a licensed therapist, he really managed to "control" himself. However the used tactics affected also his other behaviours - therefore distorting his mentality.

He could truly be called a complicated person - in some aspects he seemed like someone to look up to but in others the very opposite. Probably even Heeseung wasn't aware of how difficult he was to understand.
_

Another morning arrived, it was one of those mornings Heeseung hated. He woke up feeling like he didn't sleep a wink last night, though he literally slept as many hours as usual.

"How the fuck is it possible," he mumbled under his breath, referring to his current situation.

Heeseung's day didn't start ideally. Even though it made him struggle through his morning routine, the boy managed to get to the class on time.

"So, I got your tests you've written recently. I know I initially wanted to give them back to you sooner, but coincidents happen, right?" the math teacher excused his breaking the little promise.

"Now," he stood up from the chair and cleared his throat, holding the test as he scanned the class. "I want to praise some of you for doing well on the test."

The students tensed up from the news, more than a half of them wished to score better grades since it could help them get a scholarship.

"Mr. Lee Heeseung and Mr. Park Sunghoon, please step forward," the teacher announced.

Both of the mentioned students came up to him, standing next to each other, looking at the rest while waiting for the teacher to speak up.

"Congratulations, borh of you scored a 100%, you can be proud of yourself," he said as he tapped them on the shoulder.

Heeseung and Sunghoon both turned to him and bowed, showing their thankfulness for the results.

After that, the teacher handed them the tests while the rest of the class hang their heads low, feeling ashamed of not receiving the same score.

A moment before the raven-haired and the blond separated their ways, Sunghoon whispered something only audible for the other, "A perfect score, as expected from an A-student."

Heeseung chuckled lightly then headed back to his seat.

During the teacher's giving out the other tests as well as explaining to certain students the reason behind their weak score, Heeseung's mood seemed to shift entirely.

The subtle compliment of Sunghoon's had a stronger effect on him than the results of their test. Not only was it a positive remark, the latter had finally acknowledged Heeseung.

The boy smiled to himself, feeling as if he achieved something big, which actually could be the case at least when using way of thinking.
___________________

This is a reminder to take a break from your phone if you've been using it for the past few hours. Give your eyes some rest, pls :]