Interlude: The Rogue Prince

The Dragonpit, King's Landing

112 AC

Daemon was pissed.

First: his brother accuses him of making the 'heir of the day' shit—which he hadn't even done! Then he's exiled for nothing but Otto's word.

He will kill the man one day.

"Keep an eye on my wife." he muttered to Luthor Largent. "Many nobles will try to wpo her, marriage to me or not. Protect her if she needs it."

"Of course, my prince." Luthor nodded. Daemon relaxed knowing that the City Watch would keep an eye on them, along with Ser Arryk; his wife's sworn shield was dedicated to her safety.

He strode into the Dragonpit, heading for Caraxes. The Blood Wyrm let out a screech at the sight of his rider and Daemon smiled.

"Hey boy." he greeted the blood red scaled dragon. Along with blood red scales, Caraxes had yellow eyes, a beard of horns, and wing-like membranes on his legs which supported the aerodynamics (according to his wife) of his body, which was long and serpentine in physique.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Perzysia slumbering. His wife's dragon was beautiful and would not doubt be deadly in a fight one day.

Daemon hauled himself onto Caraxes but Elaera haunted his thoughts.

For a long time, he thought he would annual Rhea for Rhaenyra, but then Elaera had jumped into his life with Viserys annulling his marriage and marrying him to his second daughter.

Elaera had impressed him with her mind, ideas, and drive. Had she been born first, she would make an excellent ruling queen.

With a sigh, and glance at the Red Keep, Caraxes took off into the sky.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.