Dinner & Gossip

Dinning Room, Maegor's Holdfast

112 AC

"How was the Kingsguard selection?" Elaera asked Rhaenyra, the new Princess of Dragonstone.

"Ser Harrold provided a good list of tourney knights." Rhaenyra shrugged. 

Viserys and Elaera made identical disappointed noises. To become a knight of the Kingsguard, it was an unofficial rule the candidate(s) had to have real combat experience.

"But when I questioned them, I found out Ser Criston Cole was the only one with true battle experience." Rhaenyra smiled.

"Isn't he the one who kicked Daemon's ass in the tourney?" the lilac eyed princess inquired.

"Yes." Viserys said. "He will make a fine knight of the Kingsguard. Hopefully his new sworn brothers will help him adjust to dragons."

"Today at the small council—"

"Pay it no mind." Viserys said.

"Father, if you want her to be Queen she has to learn sooner than later. Give her a spot on the council." Elaera groaned.

"...Very well." Visery said. "How did your...experiments go?"

"Well, we went through five corpses and we found a lot of interesting things." Elaera said.

The Red Keep, King's Landing

112 AC

"Did you hear the rumors?" Teresa asked.

"Of what?" the Ruby Dragon inquired, looking up from her book on mathematics. She would be returning to Caelum soon.

"Lady Alicent has been seen entering and leaving the King's chambers, often at night with no escort and wearing gowns of her lady mother." Teresa said. The Tyrells had no love for House Hightower.

"...I'm gonna murder her and use her corpse in one of my experiments." Elaera hissed, lilac eyes hard and cold as dragonstone.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!