RWBY: The End of An Era

'Thought'

"Talking"

*Action*

"Powerful entity (gods, dragons, etc.)"

[System]

It's been five weeks since I've been indoctrinated into the Branwen Tribe, and things have been going exactly as I expected.

For starters, Raven spars with me nonstop (not training, sparring). Like as soon as I had breakfast, she would literally drag me to the arena and we would spar for the first half of the day. On the other hand, my [Movement Mastery] level has gone up a few times because I had to constantly dodge Raven's merciless attacks. Truth is, I can keep up with her no problem (at least when she's not using magic), I just pretend to be weak physically so that she doesn't get too suspicious of my sudden growth.

Around lunchtime, everyone gets their portion except for me. The other bandits would joke that new members have to hunt for their own food which I obviously could see was total bullshit, but this worked as an excuse to leave the settlement.

Shay would use this time to harass me about being so weak that I can't hunt for my own food which I rebuttal saying that if I'm weak and I beat you doesn't that make him even less of a man? He answered this by throwing his drink at me.

At this point, I was a mere inch away from killing everyone, but I knew I couldn't do that.

... not yet anyway.

So, instead, I just use [Sonido] to go to the nearest town and buy lunch there. It's certainly way better than spending my time hunting in the wild for prey that may not even exist around here. When I returned, the only person who questioned my speed was Raven. I told her that I unlocked my Semblance which she bought instantly. After that, it was more sparring until nighttime.

Let's be real here, Raven's training is absolute garbage. Hell, I can't even call it training, she just beats me everyday to the point of near death. I think she does this to provoke me into using my magic. That or she's finally gone crazy.

[It's most likely a mix of both]

However, it was on the start of my 6th week in the tribe that everything took a turn for the horrible.

Evening

"That's enough." Raven sheathes her sword.

I fell ass-first on the ground. "Finally."

"Don't get comfortable. We'll be right back to training tomorrow." Raven said.

I huff. "Training? You call this training? You've been beating my ass with a hand tied behind your back since I got here. You never taught me any real techniques, you've just been using me as a punching bag."

"I don't have to explain my methods to you, brat." Raven argued.

"Admit it Raven, you don't wanna teach me anything because if you did I might become stronger than you." I countered.

Raven's grip on her sword tightens.

"I know you're afraid, Raven."

Raven's eyes widened.

"I know that my magic scares you and that's fine. It's perfectly normal to fear what you don't understand." I smirked.

"I am not afraid of you." Raven growls.

I then shrug. "Whatever. I'm not going to argue with you about this." I stand up. "I'll see you tomorrow... or not. I might be gone then." I give her a little wave and vanish with [Sonido].