Detour I: Glitchtale

'Thought'

"Talking"

*Action*

"Powerful entity (gods, dragons, etc.)"

[System]

I walk out of the portal and the first thing that greets me are the ruins of a city.

"What the hell?" I mutter under my breath.

[Hm... it looks like we ended up somewhere on Earth]

"Any idea as to where on Earth did we end up?"

[How should I know? You were the one who input the destination. You tell me!?]

"Tehe." I scratch my cheek as I laugh nervously.

[You mean you didn't have a destination in mind!? Oh, you sonuvabitch!]

"Hey, cut me some slack. This is my first time hopping universes." I grumbled.

[Whatever. We gotta figure out where we are first]

"Hm." I start walking through the seemingly abandoned city. As I do, I notice that there is no one in sight, not a single soul. "This is weird. It's like I'm in the [Zombie Dungeon] again." A piece of paper flies in and passes my face. I snatch the paper out of the air and look at it. In the paper is a picture of a pink blob of some kind with a maw of sharp teeth.

"DO NOT APPROACH! If you encounter this, run to the nearest human shelter - AMD." I read out loud. "Looks like the city has gone under lockdown." I narrow my eyes at the illustration. "Where have I seen this before?"

Unbeknownst to me, a small pink blob crawls from the wall. From its perspective, it sees a mass of darkness and at the center what appears to be a red heart.

*PING!* My [Radar] goes off and I turn around only for something sharp to suddenly impale me in the chest.

The pink blob tries to pull the harpoon back, but struggles to do so.

The view switches to reveal that the pink harpoon is stuck in my chest, [Dark Matter] keeping it in place.

"Now that wasn't very nice, was it?" I used [Observe] the creature.

Name: Pink Blob

Level: 3

HP: 7

MP: 0

SP: 10

AP: 0

Thoughts about you: n/a

"Only level 3? You have to be joking." I walk towards the blob and punch it through the wall.

You have defeated a Pink Blob! You have gained 12 EXP! You have earned 7 Credits!

I pull my arm out of the wall. "You know, I think I know where we are now." I turn to the rest of the city beyond. "We're in [Glitchtale]."

[Glitchtale?]

"One of the many Undertale AUs that fans have made, though this one is a little... special." I walk down the road as I continue the explanation.

[What makes you say that?]

"After many Genocide Routes, Frisk had enough and tried to stop the Genocide but when they couldn't, they did the only thing they could do: they gave Sans their [SOUL] and he used it to [Reset]. The problem is that a [Reset] like that should've never happened the way it did and because of that, multiple anomalies started to pop up which caused glitch after glitch to build up in the game's code."