Fairy Tail: Iron Maiden

Disclaimer: I own nothing; just the OC

'Thought'

"Talking"

*Action*

"Powerful entity (gods, demons, dragons, etc.)"

[System]

{Spirit}

Beta'd by Omni-Creator Kami of Anime.

----

"How do you know about the emeralds?" I ask, a hint of curiosity and caution laced in my voice.

Athena's smile never left her face. In fact, she looks almost... intrigued?

"How interesting," Athena began, her voice soft and sly, like silk. "You are unaffected, despite being only a mere few feet away. No wonder my master is so curious about you."

"!" I snap back around and see tears rolling off everyone's faces.

"W-What!? W-Why can't I stop crying!?" Yuko says as she desperately tries to wipe her tears.

"This is most cumbersome." Diana comments.

"Why do I feel so sad!?" Mammon cries.

"WAAAAAH!" Happy cries.

I turn back to the smiling doll. "... you used [Alchemy]."

"Correct." Athena replies. "I transmuted their tears. This is my power."

"A-[Alchemy]!?" Lucy began. "Y-You're lying! Alchemy involves mixing ingredients to create something different!"

"That simply shows how small-minded you wizards are." Athena remarks, but then notices steam in the background.

"You're one interesting lady!" Natsu grins, evaporating his tears with his heat.

"Nice, Salamander!" Gajeel exclaims.

[I feel like there's a joke tied to this, but I can't seem to remember]

"Why are you after Fairy Tail?" I asked.

"I have no need to answer." Athena responds.

"Why is Gold Owl after the Chaos Emeralds?" Erza asks.

"I have no need to answer." Athena says again.

"So you're saying, if we want answers," Natsu cracks his knuckles "we just gotta kick your ass."

I huff. "If that's what it takes, I'm all for it."

Quest Unlocked!

Quest: Puppets on Strings

Stop Athena from getting Fairy Tail and the Chaos Emeralds.

Objective: Defeat Athena

Rewards: 667,899 EXP, 777,091 Credits, Perks, Items

Athena simply stares before her eyes begin to glow.

"!?" Athena fires twin energy beams from her eyes.

*BOOM!*

The view switches to the outside as an explosion is visible from the fortress' stone wall.

Athena's eyes stop glowing as she surveys the damage though to her surprise, a black barrier stands in front of her with everyone on the other side unharmed.

"Heh." I smirk. "Is that the best you can do?"

Athena fires again, the beams bounce off the barrier and redirect it to the outside.