Passing the Torch

The tear opens and I find myself landing face-first on a toilet.

I pull myself out of the toilet and spit out the water. "Gah. What the hell!?"

[It seems we were transported into a bathroom]

"Gee, thanks captain-obvious." I groan as I get out of the stall.

[How about next time you have a destination in mind before you go hopping different universes, hm?]

I grab paper towels and use them to dry myself. After a couple of minutes, I walk out of the bathroom only to see a bunch of people walking around wearing costumes of different characters. Some from anime, comics, movies, and so on.

"Am I at a convention?" I look up to see a massive poster hanging on the ceiling. "Comic-Con, I'm actually at Comic-Con!?" The people turn to me and look at me funny.

[Let's not draw attention to ourselves. Since we don't have a pass, we'll likely get kicked out as soon as the staff see us]

"R-Right..." I said and quickly ran off from the eyes of the cosplayers.

*BUMP!*

"Oof!" I collide with something and fall ass-first on the floor.

"Are you alright?" A person extends his hand to me.

I take the hand and the man pushes me upwards. "Thanks."

"You really need to be more careful next time. You can really hurt yourself here if you're not paying close attention."

"Yeah." I said as I got a good look at the man. "Hey, do I know you? You look sorta familiar."

"Can't say I have." The man shrugs.

"Oh. So what are you doing here? Do you have some evil plan to take over the convention or something?"

The man chuckles. "God no. I just wanna enjoy my day here like everyone else?"

"Gotcha." I glance at a couple of people wearing multi-colored costumes.

The man follows my line of sigh and looks at me. "Are you a fan of Power Rangers?"

"Yeah! I've watched the shows since I was young. I would play with my friends all day pretending to be the Power Rangers." I said.

"Which ranger did you play?" He asked.

"The Green Ranger. I always thought he was the coolest among the rangers." I began. "He always stood out among the main five. He would only show up every now and then in order to conserve his powers. He had the strongest conviction and was the most level-headed of the team." I state. "Did you like the Green Ranger?"

"Oh I did. And the White Ranger, too." He replied.

I smiled. "I liked the White Ranger. He really showed what kind of character the Green Ranger could be if he had kept his powers." I chuckled. "You know, I always wanted to be a Power Ranger. That's why I always strived to help someone in need, thinking that if I did, I would be just like them." I then let out a defeated sigh. "It's not as easy as I thought it'd be. Maybe... I'm not cut out to be a ranger."

"Well, I think you're already well on your way to be a Power Ranger." He said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Here. I have a feeling this will help you in the future." He gives me a belt of some kind.

" He gives me a belt of some kind

[Master Morpher] - Rank: EX

Allows the user to morph into the Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger, Mighty Morphin' White Ranger, Red Zeo Ranger, Red Turbo Ranger, and the Black DinoThunder Ranger.

"T-This is-!" I said in shock.

"Go... be the ranger you've always wanted to be." He said and began to walk off.

"Wait!" I yelled. "Can you... tell me who you are?"

The man turns to me and smiles. "I'm just a guy who enjoys being around his fans." He then walks forward, disappearing into the crowd.

My eyes widened at the statement.

"Over there!"

I snap out of my trance to see a couple of guards running towards me. "Oh shit!" I twist my body and run the other way with the guards closely after me. I eventually reached the bathroom where I originally came from and dashed inside. Once in, I go into one of the stalls and open a portal before the bathroom door slams open as I jump in, not caring in the slightest where I ended up.

"Once a Ranger, Always a Ranger."

In Memory of

Jason David Frank

1973 - 2022