Fairy Tail: Awakening Part 3

Disclaimer: I own nothing; just the OC

'Thought'

"Talking"

*Action*

"Powerful entity (gods, demons, dragons, etc.)"

[System]

{Spirit}

----

Laxus coats his arms with lighting and punches the wood golem in front of him, the force from the attack is powerful enough to knock the other golems like dominoes.

"Tch, bastards don't know when to quit." Laxus punches more enemies. "The more I hit, the more I appear."

"We have to endure Laxus. A solution will surely show itself soon." Makarov assures his grandson as he activates his signature magic to become a giant.

Makarov pulls his fist back towards the army of golems. "Hm!" He pushes his arm forward, sending a massive shockwave powerful enough to trap all of the golems in the air current, lifting them up and sending them on a collision course to the wooden walls.

However, more wood golems rise from the ground and quickly surround them.

"Sweep away the darkness." Makarov moves his hands in various ways, ultimately placing their index and middle fingers on his forehead and sequentially swiping them forward along with his other hand. "[Rain of Light]!" From both extended palms, Makarov fires multiple rays of Light Magic towards the wood golems and burns them to ash.

Makarov's body shrinks back into his normal size. "Let that be a lesson. NEVER underestimate Fairy Tail!"

"Heh." Laxus smirks only for it to turn to horror. "Gramps, behind you!"

Makarov doesn't have time to turn as roots and branches wrap around his body. He struggles to break free as the roots sink into the ground, dragging him with them.

"Gramps!" Laxus sprints towards his grandfather and quickly grabs one of the roots keeping him trapped and pulls. He pulls with all the strength he can muster but their grip is too strong.

"Stupid tree! Let go of him!" Laxus exclaims before more roots rise from the ground and ensnare him as well.

He tries to use his magic but it doesn't work. "I can't use my magic!"

"Me neither. These things are feeding off our magic!" The Dreyar duo try to break free as their bodies sink further into the ground. "At this rate, we'll be completely swallowed!"

"Then we better get out of this before that happens." Laxus said he and Makarov continue to try and break out of the trap.

*SLASH, SLASH, SLASH!*

Suddenly, the roots keeping them trapped are cut off. Confused, the two quickly pull themselves out of the ground before a figure lands behind them.

 Confused, the two quickly pull themselves out of the ground before a figure lands behind them