twenty-seven

My father and Wednesday both snuck away. To go stalk Xavier most likely. I decided it was okay because maybe they would find something to prove he wasn't the monster. 
Although I wished Wednesday would have done it on her own. I rarely get to see my father when he comes around he always has to visit with everyone. Then on his downtime, it was Wednesday, and I. Who always stayed glued to his side. Just once I would like a little time alone with My Father. I was going to wait until they were done following him around for the day. For now, though I decided that I would go check up on Enid. I haven't seen her in a bit. I wanted to know if she really was moving in with Yoko permanently or if she was just faking it to get a reaction. 

Walking into the quad I saw Davina, Yoko, and Enid sitting near the fountain talking. Davina saw me and waved at me. Ever since the Raven, they were all nicer than before. I gave them a small smile as I moved toward them.

"Oh, Branwen!" Enid shot up from her spot on the fountain moving towards me. She clasped her hands together in front of her. "I guess you heard that I am moving in with Yoko." She tried to draw me into her little trap.

"I miss you too Enid." I lifted an eyebrow watching her jump excitedly.

"Yes! I was waiting for that." She yanked me into a fact hug. "So does she miss me too yet? Did she apologize? Did she come out and say that she regrets everything? She wants me back." Enid cheered. I looked over to Yoko for assistance, but she just turned away from me acting like she and Davina were discussing Xavier's progress on the wall mural.

"Uh," I reached forward placing a hand on her shoulder stopping her from bouncing cheerfully. "Not yet, she misses you, yes, but she won't admit to any of that. She would rather die alone than admit missing someone." Enid whined her body deflating. 

"Why does she have to be like that?" She growled, her claws coming out for a moment. I removed my hand from her shoulder.

"Anyway, how has it been staying with Yoko?" I asked her. She smiled once more.

"Oh it's been awesome she is the best roomie." She nodded happily glancing over her shoulder at the vampire. "We have girls' nights every night." She leaned towards me. "And not the kind that almost get you killed." She sighed.

"Sounds fun." I nodded. 

"Oh, you should come." Enid grabbed my arm. "We would love to have you there." She added her grip tightening on my forearm.

"I will think about it." I indulged her idea. Her eyes drifted to my shoulder.

"How is your arm?" she asked me. I slid my blazer off and unbuttoned my shirt exposing my shoulder. The tanktop that we were required to wear was under it all, keeping me from exposing myself to everyone. Enid reached forward touching it. I ground my teeth as she tapped on the hardened scab. "Does it hurt?"

"Yes, Enid!" I hissed. She yanked her hand back dramatically.

"Sorry, sorry." She muttered pulling her hand behind her back. "You should have said something sooner." She pouted. I buttoned up my shirt and put my blazer back on.

"Who stabs someone's wounds?" I asked her laughing a little. Seriously though, who does that? I was still human, I still felt pain.

"I thought you and Wednesday were like detached from pain or loved it or something." She threw her hands in the air.

"Only to some things." I shoved my finger in her face. Everyone around us went quiet as we stared at each other. I wasn't really mad at her, it just irritated me.

"It's good to see you," Enid muttered stepping towards me once more. I sighed dropping my finger. At least she missed me. I sighed smiling at her. She took that as a good sign because she threw her arms around me. She laughed happy she was finally able to hug me. I patted her on the back a few times before she separated. "So we will see you tonight?" I shook my head.