CHAPTER 21

Author's pov

As the vibrant lights of the party dimmed and laughter faded into the night, an overwhelming wave of desolation settled over Taehyung and Jungkook. For them, the festivities were not fleeting but instead stretched into an eternity of longing and heartache.

Their eyes locked from a distance, conveying emotions that words failed to capture. The ache of being unable to embrace each other, to feel the warmth of their love, resonated deeply within their souls.

The hour-long party became a crucible of suffering for them. Tears streamed down Taehyung's cheeks, his heart bleeding with every moment of unfulfilled longing. Meanwhile, Jungkook's outward composure belied the storm brewing inside him, a storm of love, regret, and helplessness.

In that moment, Jungkook could only watch helplessly as Taehyung's heart broke from afar. The desire to hold his beloved, to whisper assurances of love and comfort, to shower him with affectionate kisses, and to never let go was a tormenting ache that gnawed at Jungkook's soul. Yet, he remained trapped in a silent anguish, unable to bridge the vast expanse that separated them.

_____________________

[At Present]

In the quiet solitude of his home, Taehyung stood on the balcony, gazing at the stars that twinkled like distant memories. Tears cascaded down his cheeks, each droplet carrying a piece of his shattered heart.

"Baby... I miss you so much... Please come back to me... I can't bear the thought of you with someone else... I can't live without you... I love you, Jungkook... I love you..."

His voice quivered with the weight of his emotions, the echo of his love reverberating through the night

His voice quivered with the weight of his emotions, the echo of his love reverberating through the night. Collapsing to his knees, he surrendered to the overwhelming sorrow, his mind flooded with cherished memories of their time together. Exhausted by grief, he drifted into a restless slumber, seeking solace in dreams of their shared happiness.

Meanwhile, inside the confines of his home, Jungkook's facade crumbled as he confronted his father's unilateral decision.

"Why? Why did you do that?" Jungkook's voice echoed with anger, the pain of betrayal palpable in his tone.

Seated on the sofa, Jungkook's father wore a mask of confusion, unable to comprehend his son's anguish.

"What's wrong, son? What did I do?" His father's voice carried a note of bewilderment.

Jungkook's laughter held bitterness, a bitter contrast to the joviality of the party, as he confronted his father's actions.

"You announced my marriage without consulting me. How could you disregard my feelings like this? You didn't even ask for my opinion. How could you do this to me?"