Chapter 17

Escape

*******

Sean opened his eyes to find himself in a cave that resembles a fighting ground. Jun and Arthfael were right next to him still passed out "Hey wake up" Jun stirred awake, he tried Arthfael but he didn't get a response again when something snarled and growled.

His eyes snapped and there right opposite them was an animal behind a metal door ready to attack "Arthfael we have to leave right now" Arthfael opened his eyes but didn't move, he seemed to be in a trance.

Sean stood up and glanced at where they were, there was no way out unless someone throws them a rope down or someone can teleport them out from the valley "Arthfael" Jun called and as he was about to touch Arthfael's shoulder he stopped himself and retracted his hand "Are you okay?" Arthfael didn't reply. He just curled up like an infant and stayed in his trance.

"What is wrong with him?" Sean asked.

Jun got up and while glancing around he said "We need to find another way out right no-" The cage opened and the animal walked in. Sean remembers it well, the same thing that attacked them in the library. The dragon wolf snarled as fire shot out of it. They both shot back in fear, Jun ran over to Arthfael and got lost. He didn't know what to do, he can't touch him yet they needed to run at least try to survive as long as possible "Arthfael I am sorry but I have to touch you, Sean come help me" Sean ran over.

Jun held Arthfael's hand and threw it over his shoulder as Sean did the same thing. They lifted him off the ground and started running with him "There" Jun pointed to the cave and as they got in the animal started running "Wait, rest him down I think I can do something" Jun rested Arthfael down as he pulled out his orb. It had little energy and he knew he was going to be wasting massive energy right now but with Arthfael unable to fight he needed to do something to ensure their safety.

He held it in both his hands and started chanting, as the dragon wolf came into sight he raised his hand and continued chanting "Cover his eyes" he yelled when he felt the animal about to burst into pieces. Blood splashed all over the cave, and the animal's insides are all around "We need to leave" he ran back, they didn't know how many of those were coming in and safety was more important. Jun could defeat one not so many and the person who could do it wasn't feeling like himself at the moment.

As they passed through the valley of rocks Arthfael felt heavier by the second. A loud growl behind them didn't do anything to ease their comfort plus the hurried feet were even worse than the growl "Sean?" Diego landed in the valley next to the three with a big sigh "Are you alright?" he thought he was going to find the worst.

"Yes, glad you're back but we need to leave" Diego turned to create a portal only for it to not work "We should run"

"What is wrong with him?" Diego asked only for Arthfael to release himself from the hold the two had on him and puke his guts out on the rock close by... "We need to continue" The two held Arthfael once again and they continued strutting, trying to find a better hiding space from the animals after them "Here"

They entered another cave, Diego pulled a big rock and covered the space to make sure no one comes in. Both Sean and Jun rested Arthfael down as Jun brought out his orb once again and provided light to where they are "We should be safe for now" Diego said as he walked over to Arthfael "What is wrong?"

"He will be fine in a couple of hours" Jun affirmed while getting closer to him. He didn't want to tell anyone about Arthfael's problem. He opened his bag getting out a bottle of water, he rested it onto Arthfael's lips, and even if most slipped out most got into his mouth. He got some cloth and wiped his forehead. When he was done he leaned onto his ear and whispered "You're clean now" before taking a seat. Hoping that his words might help Arthfael feel better even if it was unlikely to happen because Arthfael needed more than a few hours to get better.

Sean and Diego didn't know what was going on but they took a seat opposite the two "How is Exton" Sean asked. Diego remembered how Exton's body is being controlled by that witch. He held his hand in a fist trying to fight his anger, he had to leave him there because his mate was in danger but when he survives this he was going to go back and get Exton. Make sure that demon is out of him.

"He was killed and they took his soul" Jun snapped his head towards Diego so fast "And replaced it with a demon, now he is being controlled by that mage Cyanide"

"I'm sorry" Sean took Diego's hand in his. Jun felt ashamed, that was also his plan. To kill Diego and take his soul, now hearing that it has been done before made him feel even eviler than Cyanide.

"What is that?" Diego got up, and Sean followed into the darkness. Diego thought he saw something and as he got closer he realized that the cave had another passage taking them somewhere "We will be back soon" Jun nodded, he was already unwilling to follow them the guilt eating him up.

"We are not going to control him" Arthfael suddenly spoke "We are just going to kill him"

"I know" Jun replied glancing back down at the orb, he just can't help but feel guilty even if he knows what they have to do.

"If you know then why are you feeling guilty-" he cut himself off when he felt like throwing up again.

"You should rest" Jun advised, Arthfael couldn't argue with that he leaned back and tried to take in deep breaths "And I think you should start considering medicine for your condition"

"What condition?"

"I know your fear for blood, don't think you hide it so well when you end up falling just anywhere at the sight of it" Jun didn't bite his words "And I have seen Aeneas carry you every time from fainting"

Arthfael knew he couldn't act as if Jun didn't know what he was talking about coz he did. Jun was smart like that though he decided to deny it "It's not a condition, I just dislike blood" he turned to Jun "And medicine is for humans, I am not human I don't need it"

"Yes you need more"

"What do you mean?"

"You need a check-up, a human check-up" Jun emphasized

"Over my dead body"

"Of course, maybe I should tell your papa about it and inform him about the times you two erased his brain"

"Maybe we should erase yours"

Jun scoffed "You can try" he knew no one can enter a larpon mind. As weak as they may seem that is one thing no one can do. Their brains show emptiness just like their scents.

"If a healer can't do it how can a human do it" Arthfael has gone to a healer but he is fine and normal like any demon. If a healer doesn't know then there is zero chance a doctor knows. He admits he gets worried sometimes, this fear creeps up on him and maybe one day it might get worse than it already is. They have tried to find a solution, they have never tried a human doctor though.

"Guys this path continues we should try it" Sean came back "Are you feeling alright now Arthfael?"

"I am always alright" he pushed himself up and even if he felt dizzy he tried to hide it.

"Sean I want to ask you something" Jun called "In your world, is there something or rather someone afraid of blood"

"Hemophobia?"

"What is that?" Jun didn't understand.

"The fear of blood" Jun glanced at Arthfael with an 'I told you so look' humans get sick a lot, and of course, they would know the cause of everything, and even if they are not humans they still have similarities to them "Why do you ask?"

"We have to go" Arthfael cut off. He didn't want that conversation to go deeper even though he was glad he put a name to his 'condition' hemophobia. Whatever that was it sounded scarier than his condition "Diego?" Arthfael found Diego looking at a stone.

"There is something written on here" Jun walked in providing enough light to take in what was written. They were drawings, of a woman covering up the light of the sun with a sword in one hand and a child in the other. The light behind her was hitting one part specifically as if the light got redirected to point in one spot. A soul

"That is where we have to go," Arthfael said pointing at a specific point diverting Diego's attention "That is where the ritual happened"