Chapter 36

******

Sean felt the words echo over and over, he has been wondering what Darthaniel had done to Diego. Asking himself why Diego kept on hurting himself like that, the screams.

As tears strung down his cheeks he couldn't help but feel fear creep through his entire body- suddenly the room became brighter as more Aki ghosts appeared from the walls.

Sean felt defensive over Diego, they can't take him like this. There has to be a solution to undo what Darthaniel had done "He's not dead"

"This is for our honor" A woman from the crowd spoke "We can't let him live and put shame on all the sun children. Akies don't lose their minds"

"He is not dead" Sean whispered, they only take dead people and Diego was far away from dead.

"Since he is immortal he won't die" Diego's mother spoke "If we don't do this..." The Xaloc whined as it got pushed to the side, a white light was shone onto it and it ended up landing on the ground. Sean wanted to ask what they did to his familiar but they were all getting close to Diego and he had to protect him.

"You can't let them do this" Sean begged as they all closed in on him "He is your son, save him" Diego's mom stepped aside when all the Akies surrounded Sean.

"Please" he begged losing all hope, they can't take him away. He has just gotten used to seeing him around, being next to him. He had gotten used to having him around. Ever since he started being around him things have gotten easier than they were four years ago despite the dangers, he just can't lose Diego now "You can't take him away from me"

None of them were listening, it felt like a losing game and all he was left with was sobbing as he watched Diego's soul get taken out of his body. They all lifted their hands to retrieve his soul when a gasp tore out of Diego, Sean wiped his cheek as he took in Diego's eyes.

Blood still stuck on his forehead, everyone took a step back. Sean could see Diego's eyes get filled with various emotions right before he sat up, he glanced around frantically. His eyes searched at a frantic speed until they landed on the floor which was still filled with blood.

He was about to touch it when he suddenly stopped and started hitting his head. Not later he started laughing and as he fell he was crying...

Sean witnessed various situations in one second. Diego talked to himself but in words, he couldn't pinpoint, rushed and gibberish. He looked like he had no idea where he was and would care less about the people that were surrounding him "Diego" Sean shakily breathed out, tears freely falling down his face.

Upon calling his name Diego glanced at him and for a second Sean thought he had gotten him back only for Diego to be up and dash to the door.

One Aki held him before the rest joined in, trapping him inside the temple. Diego who was trapped looked to be interested in the light that was trapping him. Sean made his way in front of Diego still trying to add up on what was happening. He just couldn't believe it even if the truth was in front of his eyes.

He lifted his hand to touch his face but was only bit by Diego who then began laughing like he was out of his mind.

Sean held his finger, it stung but his heart pained more. He released a loud cry, he could barely hold on. The hurt he felt overshadowed the anger he had towards Darthaniel for what he had done.

The more Diego spoke incoherently the harder Sean cried, unable to handle it - "We have to save him" Sean cried harder hearing those words, this was complete torture.

He couldn't bare to see Diego like this, the fact that he might have to stay like that for the rest of his immortal life hurt him even more but also taking away his soul isn't saving him.