Chapter 25

First session

******

Exa did her best to stop the rapid increase of the burn on Diego's hand and gave him something for the pain. He was now resting on the bed all sweaty and pale, Sean has never thought he will be one to watch one go through such pain as he just did.

He was now beyond worried about Diego's health "Can you put him back in his body" Sean asked after what seemed to be the worst was over. He knows it's not but still, Diego is now relaxed and not screaming in pain like earlier.

"I can-"

"We are not going to do that" Diego interjected, he would rather die in this body than go back to his previous body.

"If it's possible we have to do it" Sean argued glancing at Exa wanting more explanation.

"I will need a few things to be able to perform the ritual but it's possible"

"I said I am not going back"

"You're going back" Sean replied sternly "You're going back whether you like it or not. God forbid I leave you in an infected body"

"I don't care, I would rather die like this than live as that" Diego rolled onto his side as he got off the bed his hand holding his left hand tightly.

"Get back on the bed" Sean pushed him back slowly "This is about your life, you're in pain"

"But I can see my pain" Diego replied holding onto Sean's hand "In that body, I felt pain in my chest, the kind of pain that can't be soothed with time. The kind of pain that kills yet allows you to live with it. Right now I can see the pain and it won't be long until it's over... I'm going to be free"

"Don't say that" he felt his heartbreak from the words.

"Don't feel sad, I have waited for this. It's finally here" Diego laid back on the bed with a sigh. His time was finally here, he might be trying to mask the fact that he a scared but he is. He has waited for this all his life yet right now he feels like it's unfair. Unfair for him to go when things had started looking up even if it was for a little bit

"I saw you" Sean started while taking a seat "In...I don't know but I did...it was like you were in your Aki form yet you looked so human. So beautiful"

"I was" Diego replied as a tear fell down the side of his eye.

"You asked for my help, your Aki soul was asking for help"

"We are both lost souls nothing more" Diego turned away from Sean completely done. Even if the feelings of giving up were strong there was something in the back of his mind that hurt him to know that his Aki soul wasn't at peace.

"I am not giving up"

******

"Let us begin" The therapist stated as he took a seat with a notepad in his hands "I may have to apologize in advance in case I miss pronounce your name"

"I don't forgive you" Arthfael wasn't taking an apology made to just miss pronounce his name.

"You're straightforward aren't you"

"You should try it too" Arthfael was shaking his right leg feeling anxious from the fact that he has to talk. He didn't want to be here, he doesn't even know how talking solves his fear.

"You seem unsettled, may I ask why?"

"You may not" The guy laughed while resting the notebook down.

"A talk about your feelings seems like it's not your thing" At all, at least the human understood "Most of my patients are mostly scared of something like this. They get scared of having to talk through the moments where they were most hurt. Relieving the past is good for recovery, to feel the pain but I understand not all my patients are the same. Most are open to talking, some aren't and some are just afraid. Are you afraid Arthfael?"

"I am not someone who gets afraid" That was a lie, behind all the facade he puts on, he is definitely one who is afraid.

"Good" he nodded while picking up the notepad once again "So how do you face your fears?" Arthfael was not ready to answer such a question "Would you say that there is a difference between how you face emotional fears and physical fears" Arthfael bounced his leg, this was not what he wanted. He didn't want to feel like he was at his lowest "It's fine, you don't have to answer what you don't want to. I am not here to force you but rather help you" Arthfael was having his last straw at this point when he stood up.

"I'm done" This was a mistake. He opened the door and found Jun still outside waiting for him.

"One hour is not done"

"But I am" Jun glanced at the doctor and then at Arthfael who was walking out.

"Make sure he comes back to his next appointment" Jun nodded thanking the doctor then ran after Arthfael.

"Arthfael" Jun had to run and get into the elevator before it took off without him "What happened?"

"I didn't like it" Jun turned and fully focused on Arthfael.

"It's not for you to like but to heal, for it to happen you need to cooperate with your doctor"

"I am not sick I don't need to heal"

"We talked about this" Jun groaned "Why do you gotta be so stubborn when this is for your good" Jun stormed out of the elevator and with no second to spare he left the hospital but as he was crossing the road with his mind on the stupid person he has left behind a car almost crushed into him stopping right before it could run him over.

Arthfael had seen the car stop right as he reached the doors. He ran over and pulled the driver out of the car with anger "You want to kill my mate"

"He came out of nowhere" the guy defended but Arthfael wasn't one to reason with.

"Arthfael let him go, it was nothing" Jun replied knowing he was the one at fault. He was so angry he forgot to look both sides before crossing, another car squealed not far from them parking in the middle of the road and Sean walked out.

"You mother fuckers" he was fuming while pointing at them. Jun ran behind Arthfael, not in fear but in shame. He remembered what they did to him. Sean reached Arthfael and pushed him back, he didn't budge but it at least helped him with his anger "You are the worst creature I have ever met" Sean gritted out while still trying to push the unmoving demon.

"Calm down human, it ended in the best way possible for your mate. He didn't die" Sean yelled while fighting his arms free but Arthfael had a strong grip on them "Stop fighting me"

"He-he..." Sean sobbed giving up "He is going to die" Jun brought his head out of Arthfael's back when he heard that "You killed him!" Sean pulled his hand away and turned back to his car when something blinded the light of the sun.

He lifted his head and found a Phoenix flying towards them. Chaos consumed the place, Sean took a step back and watched as it got closer and closer. It blew fire at the ground, Sean ran to his car and hid while Arthfael started fighting with it. Jun too found a hiding space of his own.

Sean opened the side door getting into his car and just as he was about to tie his seat belt something held his leg and started pulling him out. He yelled and tried holding on to the seats as much as he could but it was all in vain.

He grabbed his bag when he felt himself be yanked out of the car altogether. He held the bag on his chest and yelled when he saw the distance he had between himself and the ground "ARGHHH" he yelled.

"Sean" Jun called, Sean opened his eyes to find Jun standing below him giving him a stick to hold onto "Hold it" Sean strained his hand and held onto the stick as he did the creature pulled them harder and Jun found himself also leaving the ground.

Sean knew if he kept holding on they will both be taken together. He hates them but that isn't something he would do even to his worst enemy. So he let go and the last thing he heard was screams as he passed through the sky and into the unknown place.