Chapter 32

******

Sean felt the air around them shift after the portrait of Diego. He knew Diego must miss those days, days when he was full. Days when he didn't have to worry about a curse or run from his body "Not in the mood for a tour, maybe we can go see if we can trigger your reincarnation" Diego suddenly spoke.

Sean knew he was trying to run from the house and all the memories so he nodded when words got stuck. It hurt him that he can do nothing to ease Diego's pain and it hurts him more that he can not be what Diego needs right now.

Love

Sean can't force what he doesn't feel. Even if in the past they were connected, right now he feels different. It's like the anger of the mate bond breaking added to Exton's body...they were all emotions that he didn't know where they came from but he couldn't think of love with Exton's body involved.

He despised it.

"Come let's go, I have a short cut" He pushed the portrait to the side, and behind it is a slide. Sean peeked into it.

"Who put that there?"

"I did when I was young, I hadn't gotten my wings and wanted to sneak out" Diego pushed his legs through "Follow me" He pushed himself and as he disappeared Sean followed behind the slide, it took long for them to reach the ground but it was quicker than the stairs. It would have been longer if they took those and Sean believed his legs were weak to go down once.

They made their way towards the holy place of Helios. Diego bowed before entry and Sean followed bowing before getting inside "Do you feel something?" Diego suddenly asked as soon as Sean stepped inside the holy place.

"Like what?"

"A connection to this place" Sean shook his head and glanced around 'should he be feeling something?' coz feels absolutely nothing.

"Then I guess we will have to do the ritual and see how it goes" Diego moved in front and picked up a small bowl, Sean couldn't see what was inside but when he threw them on the ground it was ash. It spread down almost reaching Sean's legs but then collected itself into a sigil of the sun and the eye "Step in the center, leave the bag there" Sean took off the bag and stepped in the center "I have never done a ritual like this, let's be ready for anything"

"That is not comforting but okay" Diego started chanting, The ash started raising around him up to his chin, and it didn't take long before he started feeling something "I feel something" The ground where he was standing was shaking then suddenly everything went back down "What happened?"

"You distracted me, please don't talk"

"Sorry" Diego started and once again the ash went back up, Sean felt the ground shake again. Something traveled through his feet, through his calf up to the knees. He felt heavy from the knees down but it kept traveling up and now he could no longer see what was going on as the ash was covering up his entire body.

It reached his hands and that is when Sean noticed the redness inside his skin. Something shone through his skin like it was glass, he yelled when it reached his neck. It was burning him then suddenly everything stopped and as the light traveled from his feet it went back until he could no longer feel anything.

His breath was heavy, and the pain still felt like an aftershock.

He glanced back at Diego wondering why it stopped and also glad it had stopped only to find Diego on his knees with Darthaniel standing behind him "Don't try anything" Darthaniel warned "Step out of the sigil" As Sean started moving out Darthaniel stopped him "Move this side" He pointed to the side where Sean doesn't get to be close to the book.

"Please don't hurt him" Sean begged, Darthaniel rested his thumb on Diego's head. Diego started screaming as Darthaniel penetrated his brain breaking it down piece by piece "What are you doing?" Sean ran over but Darthaniel held him mid-air and continued what he was doing until Diego fell and passed out "Diego!" Darthaniel rested his thumb on Sean's brain but he immediately pulled back with a hiss.

"I hate gods"

Sean was let go and as he hit the ground Darthaniel disappeared "Diego" Sean crawled over to him "Diego, Diego please wake up" He lightly shook him....his eyes shot open, and then a loud yell tore out of his lips. Sean was shaken up a bit "Diego...." Sean tried holding him down when he started banging his head aggressively "Diego stop" he was confused, wondering what to do. He didn't know what Darthaniel had done to Diego for him to be like this.

"What did he do? Diego look at me" Sean was fighting but Diego was stronger and he managed to escape from his grasp. He pushed himself into a sitting position, the back of his head bleeding profoundly from knocking it on the hard floor "Diego" Sean called slowly crawling over to him.

Diego moved his eyes to him, wide and unblinking. Then he moved his head and glanced around frantically "Diego?" he moved his head back to Sean but then held his head "Diego what is happening?" Sean moved closer holding onto Diego's shoulder. Diego pushed himself back as if in fear-

"I can't-" Diego gritted out as he held his head hard with his teeth clutched together. He fell back down as he writhed, his breathing was punctured and agonizing.

"Diego, what is happening?" Sean crawled back to him, he tried to get Diego to focus on him yet it was in vain. Diego screamed writhing while banging his head down as if fighting with himself "Diego please talk to me" Sean held his head and rested it on his chest trying to prevent him from hurting himself once again.

Blood had completely covered his hair and forehead, and his nails were digging into his temples causing blood to drip down his cheeks "Diego stop it" Sean was doing everything in his power to stop him from hurting himself.

He held his hands tight while holding his head and when he expected to fight a lot to keep the stronghold Diego suddenly calmed down. His breath was ragged and uneven, and his eyes rolled back leaving the white on top "Diego" Sean rested him down gently while he tried to wake him up. Now Diego was unmoving, he was just still with his eyes still rolled in the back. His body filled with blood and sweat, and his breath was slowly evening out "Diego wake up...Diego!"

"Diego!"