Chapter 47

******

"Father?" Jun called while slowly retracting from the hands of the demon he wanted to stay in for the rest of his life. His eyes moved to the larpons that had their weapons drawn at them "What is going on?"

"Why were you embracing a demon?" Arjun asked after getting out of the shock. Finding his only son embraced in the hands of a demon was beyond his expectations.

Jun glanced at Arthfael and noticed their hands still in one another. He glanced deep into Arthfael's eyes and knew he still wanted contact with him. It was not like it had been in the past when he quickly got tired of contact with anyone, this time he still wanted it.

Jun slowly tried to retract his hand but Arthfael held him tighter. Jun gave up, he wasn't about to fight against something that he desired as well. He glanced back at his father "He is my friend and I embrace my friends" a lie he had to go with. He knew this wasn't the time to reveal what they were to each other.

"Let's go, it's time to go home for good"

Jun stood up ready to protest, Arthfael kept their hands laced with each other. All the larpons glanced at their hands but Jun tried to not make it a big deal "I can't go home"

"You have no choice in this"

"I do and I am not going"

"You have no reason to stay, Aeneas is dead and it's time you started behaving like a king" Arjun spoke as if he was glad Aeneas was dead and Arthfael picked up on this. Many were to be glad, he knew.

"What if I want him to stay?" Arthfael spoke while getting up, all the Larpons took a step back with their spears still pointed like they could go against him and win.

"We will start a war"

Arthfael sighed "I would love that, too bad I don't fight family" Arthfael pulled Jun into another hug ignoring the gasps that filled the room then whispered to Jun "I don't want to become rivals with your people, go and become king, and make sure it doesn't happen" those words pained him to the core. Jun was like a lifeline in this moment, his life has been flipped around in a second. What was supposed to be a quick kill turned into something more, something he didn't want to involve his mate in.

It's going to be dangerous around here and Jun would be safer with his people that here. He can not guarantee his safety and that is why he had to push him away, he won't be able to protect him.

"What about you?" Arthfael looked deep into his mate's eyes and knew he was finally falling in love. He cared for the small Larpon and that care couldn't allow him to put his mate in danger, he knew hell was the least safe place for his mate and would be safe with his people who were willing to fight for him.

"I'm killing Darthaniel" Even if he was the appointed king he knew he wasn't the real king. Darthaniel who killed his father is the true king and he was the first creature he had to take down first to at least earn the title rightfully.

Right now he was just the holder of his father's throne but the true king was out there. He needed to end this before he could earn respect from all the demons.

******

Sean put off his reincarnation to be able to talk with his mate. He had been worried ever since he woke up and seeing Diego back alive and well calmed his heart a bit "I didn't think the first person I would kill as soon as the curse is broken would be Aeneas" Diego thought out loud as he leaned against the wall staring at Sean who was a few foot away from him.

"You were under Darthaniel's influence"

"I don't think I was" He confessed "Aeneas wanted me to kill him" Sean raised his eyebrows and Diego sighed. He had no idea how to explain it "This causes a lot of trouble for us but I know Aeneas wanted me to kill him"

"Why?"

"I don't know" Diego confessed, something happened. He just hasn't figured out what precisely plus Aeneas' Scythe broke. That should be impossible no matter how strong anyone is, an ancient weapon made by the gods to be the strongest weapon for the ruler of the underground can't be broken-

"I feel bad for Alexander and Arthfael but I am glad you came out of it alive" Sean confessed too "For once luck was on our side and I am relieved" Diego didn't want to scare him by telling him that things going further than that.

Having killed Aeneas it makes him king but if everyone thought of Darthaniel as the murderer then it gets him out of harm's way. He sighed walking over to his mate engulfing him in his arms. A thing he is yet to get used to, touching his mate without fear of rejection.

He had nothing to worry about, as long as his mate was by his side he was willing to fight off everyone who attacked "I can protect us even if it's against the entire universe"

"And I don't doubt that" Sean smiled, and Diego leaned down for a quick peck. Sean gasped in surprise before smiling when he remembered that they were okay to be doing that "This is all still new but I am glad I can hold you like this" Sean yawned, the fact that he was back with his mate brought out all the fatigue that he has kept in for all this time.

"Tired?" He hummed without opening his eyes already falling into a slumber. Diego lifted him bridal style before walking him into the bed and covering him with a blanket "I love you" Diego whispered as he left a tiny kiss on his mate's forehead.

He sat next to him watching his face with too many thoughts running through his head. Everything his mate has done for him when Darthaniel messed with his head.

Everything that he had put Sean through had come back like a sad wave. When Sean begged his ancestors not to take him, took care of him when he couldn't do a single thing on his own. Fought to keep him alive, and helped break the curse. Stayed when he couldn't remember a thing.

Sean stayed even without a mate bond.

Diego felt grateful for everything and cursed at himself forever saying that he didn't need a mate coz if it weren't for his mate he would still be living a miserable cursed life.

"You're the only person I trust and you're the only person I will stand with. I won't let anyone use us again" He stood up with his eyes on the Phoenix that laid down below "It's us against them"

******

Jun was pushed inside his room roughly by his father who closed and locked the door behind them "Y-" Jun fell onto his knees.

"I'm sorry Father" he apologized with his head bowed "I'm sorry for being disrespectful of you, I should have never let the demons get inside my head but now that Aeneas is dead I self-reflected and understood that I was rude towards you, and our people. For what I did I don't even deserve to be king but if you agree to give me a second chance I would take it gladly and make sure I follow each rule of our kingdom and learn more about our people"

If he could cry he would have done that just to deepen his act. Too bad that wasn't the case but he made sure that each word that came out of his mouth sounded sincere. He crawled towards his father holding his leg "I was just under a spell father, please forgive your child"

Arjun pulled his son up "I knew those demons had done something to you" he checked every corner of his son's face with worry "I am so glad I get to have my son back"

Jun felt bad to see the misty tears covering his father's eyes so he hugged him "I'm here". 'I wouldn't have lied to you if you would accept my relationship with the demons, I'm sorry I am lying just so I could become king and make my own rules. I am not a bad son or king, you just pushed me into the corner and I need to breathe' Jun smiled while breaking the hug

'I love you but my mate is my life too'