Chapter 31

******

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Arthfael thought about it for a second before shaking his head.

"I think I am good today" He needed someone inside last time because he didn't know if he was ready to open up or not and in some way he wanted to open up to Jun like that. Make it seem like it was a session coz he didn't know if he was willing to have a heart-to-heart just the two of them, the doctor made everything lighter. Talking to a stranger was much simpler than talking to someone he knew, he wasn't worried about the session today.

"I will be out here until you're done"

"And you better be ready for our date when I am done" Arthfael walked inside leaving a red-faced Jun behind who found himself a seat while trying to fight off the fact that he was going on his first date. He never thought it would ever be with Arthfael or in any case anyone. Deep down he felt like he will never be able to find someone since getting a mate would have been impossible with the curse but right now he can't say he is disappointed.

Finding out he was Arthfael's mate was a big deal and unexpected. Yet he feels like it is not so bad, if the pull was available he would think it was working on him but it's not. He just knows that Arthfael is his mate, maybe it worked as confirmation on him of what he felt for Arthfael even if anger was a mixture of that. It must still be unclear how he feels but he knows he would like it if this worked-

The door to where Arthfael has entered banged hard making it rattle so hard it almost fell off its hinges. Jun stood up and wondered what the hell was going on in there when a wave of fire hit right beside his face. He had to duck down and then ran when the door followed.

Through the smoke, he saw Arthfael standing in the center of the room his eyes were on someone and when Jun followed the eyes he found someone on one knee looking up at Arthfael his body was smoking, and some parts of his clothes had been burnt "I have been waiting for you" Arthfael drawled with an angry look as a flying knife came to his side and with touch it became a staff.

He chose this as his weapon against his fear of blood. There was no need to touch a flying knife, it moved with his mind plus he could just turn it into anything he wanted. It was the best weapon.

The man on his knee stood up as he blew out the tiny flames that were on his hand his lip twitched. Arthfael growled and attacked, the guy moved back and threw a kick to his side before pulling him back so that they are face-to-face.

Arthfael swiped his hand cutting the guy in the temple and making him let go. He brought his staff to push it into the Aki but it moved to the side and with agility, it pinned him onto the wall, and just like last time it had him cornered "It was fun playing" Darthaniel spoke in a tone as his wound on the temple closed up leaving no scar.

Just then Jun jumped onto his back and started scratching him. With this, the hold he had on Arthfael was lost as he tried to get the small creature off his back. As soon as Arthfael's legs hit the ground he walked over and rested his thumb on Darthaniel's head.

Darthaniel yelled whilst using his hand to push both Arthfael and Jun away before disappearing. Jun groaned holding onto his head, Arthfael walked over to him "Are you okay?"

"I think so...who-who was that?"

"Darthaniel and I think...I know what he wants" Arthfael slumped down next to Jun as he took in shagged breaths.

"Are you okay?" Jun knelt in front of him but Arthfael seemed to be in his world. His eyes rolled in the back, his body trembling violently with sweat coating his entire body "Arthfael, Arthfael..." Jun called worriedly, Arthfael was rasping on his breath feverishly.

"Papa" Arthfael raved out weakly right before passing out.

"Arthfael, please wake up"...Wind blew in as Alexander made an entrance. He walked over to both of them, Jun moved to the side as Alexander lifted Arthfael before flying away.

******

Arthfael woke up hearing noises. He opened his eyes and found his father and Papa arguing "It's your fault, you should have told me, this wouldn't have gotten this far. You knew and yet you threw him out there to be preyed on" Alexander argued with an overly pissed voice that Arthfael has never heard of from him.

"My love I know you're angry-"

"I am more than angry Aeneas, why didn't you tell me when you found out"

"Like I said I didn't want to worry you"

"He is my son I had the right to know that he is sick. You didn't have to hide it from me, this isn't one of your secrets that you have to be ahead of. This is my son and if he is not okay I deserve to know. I trusted you to tell me anything yet you kept the most important part of my son's life to yourself. This makes me unworthy of having a child"

"Now you're going too hard on yourself, it's not like he was going to tell you. You know how he is"

"And yet when you found out you kept it to yourself. I don't even know if I can trust you again Aeneas, I thought we were doing this together. We were learning together what happened?" Alexander held his forehead losing it "Why do you always want to stay on top of everything, this was a matter of us figuring out how to help not you selfishly keeping it to yourself and doing nothing while our son's life deteriorates. Why are you always like this? You tell me to trust you then you do this, it's like you brought your tricks of war, enemies, and of a king into parenting and now look where we are. The worst parents ever"

"I tried I just failed" Aeneas admitted "I tried to erase his head and took him to the moon goddess but nothing worked. He had to help himself when he was ready and I didn't want you to have to hear such news and bare them like I knew you would have. I might not be the best father, I might not do everything according to the books but I do my best and I know this will work"

"I'm sorry, I just hate that things have to go like this" Alexander apologized as he fell into his mate's arms.

"Like what?" Arthfael announced himself "What will work?" Arthfael pushed himself up "And both of you stop giving yourselves credit for being the worst fathers, there are more deserving people of that title in this world. So spare me the crap and tell me what will work"

"How are you feeling?" Alexander asked with a smile as he leaned onto his mate's chest like they weren't arguing a minute ago.

"Like I always feel, good. When I feel any different I will inform you of the change...now what will work"

"We are not telling you that-"

"Arjun wants his son back in the larpon land" Alexander cut his mate off. He was not going to hold information from his son because of fate "He wants him to be king but the problem is he doesn't want to deal with demons again"

"You have a plan?" Arthfael asked, of course, Jun was his mate and his clan not dealing with demons again doesn't sit well with him.

"What I told you that day, once you do it you will have power over all larpons. They will have no way of getting rid of you"

"So marking my mate costs the freedom of his clan"

"It all depends on what kind of leader you will be, will you be taking away their freedom?"