Chapter 39

******

Sean was cooking when he felt the air around him shift as if something was in the air even if he couldn't smell it. With a knife in his hand, he made his way toward Diego's room where he found a figure standing next to his bed.

Without waiting he ran into them with a knife on their torso "Wh-Arthfael" the realization didn't make him put his guard down. Arthfael was also one of the people that have added to Diego's misfortunes "Why are you here?"

"You should step away from me" Arthfael warned as he pushed Sean away "What is wrong with him?" he took a step closer. Diego was drooling.

"Stay away from him" Sean pushed, Arthfael was still in shock when he landed on the ground. He felt as light as paper, dizzy and weak "Why did you come here?" Sean asked pointing the knife, he knew the stone was draining Arthfael as well.

"What are you doing to me?"

"What are you doing here? Do you think I forgot what you did to us?"

"That is why I am here, to repay you for what I did" Arthfael argued "My mate got hurt for this shit"

"I should care about your mate?...look at what Darthaniel did to mine" Sean yelled pointing at Diego.

"What happened?"

"You should leave"

"I found his Aki"

"What- what game are you playing? Does this look like a time to mess around like this, have ever been considerate of other's pain"

"All I want to do is fight Darthaniel, I stand a better chance if he is back to his full Aki" Arthfael finally pushed himself from the ground "You don't need to trust me but Darthaniel is our enemy"

Sean thought about it, maybe the hope he was searching for came in the form of the one person he can never trust. Right now he has no one to trust other than Diego but he also has zero choices, Diego needs help "Where is it?"

"I can take you if you stop whatever you're doing"

"If I stop it will you be able to hold him" Sean gave a warning "And if I find out that you're lying to me-"

"What? it looks like you have no options" Sean knew Arthfael was right. He knelt and pulled out the lunar star pushing it into the box, Arthfael felt his energy come back as well as Diego tried to run out of the bed.

On instinct he held him in place, Diego was speaking at a faster pace while constantly trying to hit his head "What did he do?"

"You said you know where his soul is"

"I do, I just need..." he snapped his hand and Diego's real child body appeared next to them "We need him complete and to do that we need his body available"

He moved his hands creating a portal that transported them all into the prison of souls. A cave that gave them the hardship to be able to see anything. A fire was lit, Sean holding onto Diego while Arthfael carried Diego's lifeless child body.

Sean kept himself aware of the surroundings, the small whispering voices were all around them yet they could see no one. His gut was screaming danger yet he followed Arthfael- "Diego" Sean yelled when Diego got out of his hands and ran. He followed running through the darkness of the cave "Diego"

"Sean" Sean stopped in his tracks, his eyes wide in surprise. He glanced around seeing no one, he started doubting if he had heard correctly.

"Mom"

"Keep yourself together" Arthfael roughly pulled him by the shoulder "These are souls trying to kill you so that they can escape. They can use the person you know or used to know"

Sean nodded, that makes a lot of sense. His mom died a long time ago "Diego" Sean ran once again, Diego was lost in a dangerous place like this.

Sean paused when he found Diego on a cliff, he lifted his leg about to take a step off "Diego!!!!" Sean yelled, paralyzed in a spot. He was watching Diego about to take a step that might end his life in a blink of an eye.

Just as he was about to fall he was held and pulled back roughly onto the ground. Sean ran over holding him into his chest "Shit, something is here. We need to move quickly" His hold on Diego was stronger this time as they got back into the cave quickly.

They moved deeper into the basement of the place as strong fog consumed the entire place. Sean was following while trying to avoid his mom's voice which was getting louder every second "Hold him" Arthfael ordered while holding his hands onto the wall. His palm pushed into it and it started to fade creating a doorway.

As soon as they stepped in the cave closed behind and fire torches turned on. In the center of the room, a soul was tied in chains. All the light on it had faded, its eyes dark and lifeless. To most, it could be mistaken as a mere human. But Sean remembers the time he saw it in his dream, it looked shinier than it was now.

A thump was heard when Diego fainted and landed on the ground. All eyes moved on him but for just a second when Arthfael rested Diego's child body next to it "We need to start the ceremony now"

Sean's eyes were on the soul that hasn't moved a single inch. Was it dead? "Sean pull...him closer" Arthfael pulled him out of his thoughts. He pulled Diego's body closer to the soul and then stepped back as Arthfael began the ritual.

The chains on the Aki untied and fell to the ground with a loud clank. The Aki soul too weak to keep itself in a sitting position ended up falling to its side, his lifeless eyes staring directly at his young body.

Sean didn't know how he felt it but he did, the desperation it had to go back inside Diego. He could feel how desperately he wanted to touch Diego's body... "What are you doing?" Sean's eyes were wide open looking at the knife between Arthfael's fingers.

"Getting him out of this body" Arthfael explained and was going to push the knife down when Sean stopped him once again. He sighed holding his waist "We are wasting time with this...I can't kill him"

"How can I trust your word when you have a knife in your hands"

"I am not a witch, I can't take out his soul with a spell. The body has to die for him to connect with his Aki and then proceed to his real body" He tried to explain it with little to no anger but he failed, his frustration seeped through every word he let out. He groaned and without a warning, he passed the knife through Diego's chest.

Sean held a hand on his mouth as he watched the blood seep through Diego's clothes. He didn't make a sound, it's like he died in his sleep without feeling any pain.

Sean had to hold a hand over his chest to keep himself from sobbing as he hoped that Arthfael wasn't lying to him. He hoped he didn't fall into another one of his schemes and handed Diego into his hands.

Moments later a light shot out of Exton's now dead body, Sean took a step back as Diego's soul floated at the top of their heads. Just on cue, the Aki that was laying down helplessly floated the same as it started gaining light.

They both met and collided forming one big starlight right before entering Diego's real body.

The body of a child.

With the silence filling the small cave, Sean hoped for whatever Arthfael had done to work. He didn't mind if Diego came back as a child or not. All he needs was for him to be alive and well. For him to come back.

Diego's body started trembling uncontrollably, sounds of the ground shaking like the cave might bury them alive. Sean wanted to run over but Arthfael stopped him, they needed to keep their distance from him and watch the process.

"He is breaking the curse"

The cave stopped shaking as a strong light consumed the entire cave blinding them both. By the time it calmed down in front of them lay a full-grown man with ripped clothes.

As the light died completely down Sean could see the most handsome face he has ever looked at and then his eyes opened.

It all felt like the time had slowed down, trying to help him to savor a moment filled with joy. A long waited moment was finally in front of them and neither of them could believe it until Diego opened his mouth...

"Who are you?"