3

A/N: pretty please could you vote? it would make me happy and give me the motivation to write more for you!

-K

For the rest of the day, I decided to bake for when Charlie got home knowing he loved when I baked for him.

Taking a bowl, I combined the flour, cinnamon, and caster sugar, along with a pinch of salt. Then I mixed up some buttermilk and egg yolks, then combined them with the dry ingredients to form a dough. Because the surface had been floured, all I had to do was roll it into a rectangle and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon filling on top.

I then grabbed a knife and made lengthwise incisions in the dough, then rolled the strips of dough up, placed them in the tin, and cooked them for 30 minutes. I next made the frosting on top, sifting the icing sugar into the bowl and drawing a crater in the centre. Then I added a teaspoon of cream cheese, melted butter, and a splash of hot water. After combining them, I poured the vanilla extract in and let it cool down, after all, there was boiling water in it.

As I cleaned up the slight mess I had made, I looked around the small kitchen in admiration. the three unmatching chairs which Charlie and I chose as we couldn't agree on just one type of chair, the dark panelled walls which contrasted with the soft yellow cabinets; I told Charlie no to the green as there was enough green in forks and not enough yellow as the sun was always behind the clouds.

The sound of the timer for the oven pinged and I removed the cinnamon rolls from the warm oven and placed them on a cooling rack. Just then, I heard the roar of Bella's truck appear outside the house along with a slam of a door. The girl marched through the house and I could see tears brimming in her brown eyes. I dropped oven gloves and went after the poor girl, knocking on her door softly before I heard a light yet melancholy "come in."

I looked over to Bella and saw the tears silently streaming down her cheeks, "Bella! What happened?"

"I went into my biology class and sat next to a guy but he kept covering his nose like I smelt disgusting and he also got inexplicably furious for no reason!" Bella sobbed, "After school, I went to the school office, and I heard Edward asking for a transfer from biology class. What did I do wrong, it's my first day and people already hate me!" The tears came quicker down her face, I pulled her into an embrace where she cried her eyes out "Shhh, it's ok Bells, everything will be alright." I comforted.

"You said his name was Edward, as in Edward Cullen?" She merely nodded her head in reply, her face buried into my shoulder as sobs still racked her fragile body, "Do you want me to confront him for you?"

"N-no thank-ks Fleur." she attempted to say.

"It's ok, breathe Bella, everything will be alright," she soothed, rubbing small circles on Bella's back. "I'll never let him hurt you, I promise."

We sat there for a few minutes as she calmed down, her breathing slowly returning to normal. "How about I go and make you a hot chocolate and bring you a couple of the cinnamon rolls I just baked, hm? They should still be warm for you Bells, I'll also grab you a blanket and a book if you want, does pride and prejudice sound good? I know it's one of your faves."

"Thank you, Fleur, you're so kind to me, you always have been. I wouldn't mind if you started dating my dad." Bella said a playful smile on her face which grew wider as my face heated up.

"How did you- when?-" I stammered at an utter loss for words.

"Have you seen the way you two act around each other? You're already acting like you've been married for 20 years, Fleur." She spoke, "So come on! Tell me how you feel about him"

"Bells, I thought you weren't into gossip like this," I said, trying to get out of the situation.

"Don't even think you're getting away with changing the subject, my dad needs some love in his life too."

"Fine, Bells, I may or may not be romantically interested in your father. Happy?" I said with a playful eyeroll.

"Very."

"I will be right back, I'm just going to get your stuff," I said, going back down the creaky stairway and into the kitchen. Grabbing a plate, I placed two cinnamon rolls on there and put them in the microwave to reheat them.

I put the kettle over the stove before going into the living room, fetching a nice lavender fluffy blanket, along with a copy of Pride and Prejudice. Tucking the two objects under my arm, I retrieved the cinnamon rolls out of the microwave before icing them as I hadn't earlier before pouring Bella's hot chocolate into a cute little mug with a cat on it. How adorable.

I made my way back up to Bella's room, trying not to drop anything (However a few splashes of hot chocolate were currently on the stairs. whoops, I'll just clean them after).

"Ok Bells, sit up for me would you?" She shimmied her way up, placing a few more pillows behind her head. I placed the plate and mug on her desk whilst I covered her with her blanket and handed her her book. Moving the stool that was by her window next to her bed, I put the plate and the mug on it for easy access for the girl.

"Enjoy, Bells, just relax this evening, alright? I will tell your dad that you aren't feeling the best right now due to the drastic change in the climate so he won't question too much why you're mood is a bit off. I know what he's like, he will find some way to arrest that boy which I find would be fair enough as he was so horrible to you, Bells."

"Thank you so much, Fleur. You are a lifesaver!" She spoke dramatically.

"I'm going to go downstairs and finish making the cinnamon rolls before Charlie gets home, I'm going to order in for dinner, how does pizza sound?"

"Great, thanks!"

Once back in the kitchen, I finally started to apply the icing to the cinnamon rolls when I heard Charlie's cruiser pull up to the house.

"Fleur, Bells, I'm home." He called out, "I'm in the kitchen, Charlie!"

Charlie entered the kitchen as I was finishing up the cinnamon rolls, interested, he stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his head on my shoulder looking over at what I was doing, the scent of pine, petrol and leather filled my senses making me feel dizzy in shock. Holy shit! Does he want to kill me? If he is, mission accomplished.

"You made cinnamon rolls! They are my favourite, thank you so much, Fleur!" He said, turning my body to face him. This made it so I had to look up at him, his hands still around my waist. He swiftly hoisted me up in the air and spun me around in a hug. A huge grin was on both of our faces, he placed me gently back down, his hand finding the small of my back and taking one of the cinnamon rolls. He took a bite of the delicious treat and as he did his eyes widened in shock, "What the fuck did you put into these? They are so good I could just kiss you right now!"

Charlie stopped his sentence, realising what he had just said. "I- Uhm, I mean." he stammered, his face tinting a light pink colour.

"I wouldn't mind a kiss from the chief you know," I said before standing on my tiptoes and giving him a peck on his lips.