12

A/N: I literally hate this chapter sm its so stupid and doesnt make sense ugh hate myself rn

A/N: I literally hate this chapter sm its so stupid and doesnt make sense ugh hate myself rn. Anyways pls vote bc i dont want to be miserable

The next day, I kept Bella at home, not wanting her to go to school after such a traumatic event and also the fact that the entire population of Forks high school knew what had happened last night.
Charlie was at work dealing with Edward but he was soon to come home while I was just doing random things around the house like reorganizing the bookshelves in the living room and installing security around the house due to the fact that it was so easy for Edward to break into Bella's room.

The sound of Charlie's cruiser pulling up to the front of the house in the driveway make a small smile appear on my face. Charlie entered the house in his police uniform, looking as handsome as ever. The Chief had beautiful chocolate brown eyes that held a certain warmth in contrast to the harsh coldness that lingered in the surroundings, seemingly perfect rosy lips that were adorned with a moustache just above that Charlie was very proud of, and deep brown hair with just a hint of curl at the ends.

"Hey, Charlie." I greeted him, my smile widened seeing him and bringing me in for an embrace, his arms wrapped around my ribs as his hands rested on the small of my back.

"Hey, Babe." He kissed me on the cheek and a blush arose on my face. Even now I still blush when I'm around him. "Do you want to go for a walk down at one of the beaches?" He asked me.

"Of course! It's meant to be warm today, well, warm for Forks at least." I laughed slightly, "What about Bella? I don't want to leave her home alone," I said, a bit worried for her.

"Don't you remember, Fleur?" He questioned, "She's going over to the Rez to see Jacob."

"Oh shit, I forgot about that!" I giggled.

Charlie quickly went upstairs to change into something that wasn't his uniform while I told Bella about where we were going. Although she looked smug like she knew something big was about to happen. He came downstairs and we left the house in his cruiser, singing along badly to random songs on the radio and making small talk, rambling on about our day.

"So, what happened with Edward?" I asked him.

"He is seventeen so he cannot go to jail," Charlie huffed obviously very annoyed at what the boy's consequences were, "I put a restraining order against him for you and Bella so that you don't have t worry about him and Dr Cullen is now homeschooling him as not to interfere with Bella's school life."

"I should have beaten his pasty arse when I got the chance." I rolled my eyes and Charlie chuckled at my response.

We arrived at the beach and got out of the car, walking directly to the uneven sand made by people and enjoying the late summer heat while it lasted. The beach was always beautiful, and it brought me peace; it swept over me like the waves embracing the rocks. The sounds of the water cascading down into itself, the rustle of the trees behind us, and all seemed serene.

The sky was an artistic array of pink, lavender, and royal blue, with an ombre effect from where the dying sun had left its imprint. Stars were peeking out from there, and there were areas in the pink and yellow clouds in the sky where you could lie down. The stars twinkled in the navy blue expanse of heavens as a few seagulls sailed overhead, returning to their nests.

The sun had finally set, and the pink sky had been supplanted by an inky indigo in which glowing starlight speckled with stars winking at you from above. The declining crescent moon's silver light mirrored with the stars on the now opalescent water, transforming the once crystal-like liquid to become a midnight blue.

I relished the beautiful scent of the water, the salt reminding me of nostalgic memories of too-salty fish and chips at the beach. Overall, the sight was exquisite, with the sky, moon, stars, and waves it becoming all a part of one puzzle, completing the natural beauty around it with a full picture of magnificence. The wind whipping through my hair made me feel like I was riding a horse at breakneck speed as I stood there with Charlie, his hand linked with mine.

The beach was deserted, with only a few of photographers lingering after photographing nature's beauty. I moved over to one of the flatter rocks near the lake and sat down. A chilly air blew down my back, and a cold wave caressed the bottom of my foot. I was rapidly accustomed to the chilly water, then dipped my pale foot into it, which was now gradually cooling and crawling to the shore. The sea smelled stronger, the salty scent thicker. I took my feet out of the water, hoping to restore feeling in my numb toes.

I swung my feet back onto the soft, moonlit sand. I looked around sighing at the pleasing view.

Charlie then cleared his throat before speaking to me, "Fleur, I love you and I have loved you for the past eighteen years. Yesterday when I heard the sheer panic happening, the thought of you not being there with me crushed my heart into pieces, I couldn't live without you. You're my other half, my soulmate and I love you so much," He spoke, his voice laced with raw emotion as he got down on one knee.

"Fleur, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"