9

A/N: pretty please could you vote? it would make me happy and give me the motivation to write more for you! I have such a big writer's block rn its actually insaneeeeee

-K

It had been a few weeks since our first date, and Charlie and I had gone on a few more dates since then, such as going to a café or a bookstore or even going fishing together. I rolled over, intending to cuddle with Charlie. Instead, I leaned into a chilly place where Charlie was meant to lay. I opened up my eyes, confused and upset, to see why the fuck Charlie was not even in bed with me. e We'd been sleeping in the same bed for a few weeks and let me tell you, it had been the best decision I'd ever made. I mean, it had been yet another frosty, winter morning. A day in which you should remain in bed late and cuddle with your beloved.

My gaze scoured the room for the brunette, but it only rested on the few pieces of clothing all of which were partially scattered on the floor. I blew out a yawn. Presumably, he simply went to the toilet.  If that's the case, he'll be back in a few minutes.

He hadn't returned for a few minutes, and I found myself getting a bit bored of not knowing where he had gone. Rather than simply sitting there, I got up, dressed into a pair of trousers and a shirt that lay on the carpet, and left the room to search for him.

I found Charlie downstairs, by the stove, and I smiled softly. He's making breakfast...so he's sweet yet such a moron. He is aware that he is not required to prepare breakfast.I approached my lover from behind, placed my arms around his waist, and hugged his neck. Charlie tensed up before relaxing when he realised it was only me. "Hi, honey," I murmured, putting my head on his shoulder and peering over to see what he was up to. "What are you up to?"

"I wanted to do something special for you," the chief remarked as he turned to face me. "So I prepared breakfast for you." He reddened as he laid his hands on my shoulder. "Doesn't bother you, Fleur?"

I returned Charlie's smile. "I don't mind at all." I kissed him quickly before he realised what I was doing. "Just be cautious, okay, babe? We don't want the fire department to come by early in the morning. I know you have friends there, but I doubt they will want to see your house burned down "I laughed at Charlie's embarrassed smile, then snatched another short kiss before drawing back and letting Charlie finish cooking.

I went back to bed after leaving Charlie in the kitchen, and I must have drifted off because harsh sirens are wailing through the house the next thing I remember. Sighing, I stood up and trudged down the stairs to the kitchen, where the horrible sound had come from.

When I noticed all the smoke rising from the kitchen, my eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat in dread. Charlie was in the cloud of smoke!

Fuck!

I crawled blindly through the haze towards Charlie, hoping and praying that he was still there. When I came into contact with something soft and kind, I immediately put my arms around it and drew it back towards me. I was out the back door and on the deck with a large body in my arms before I knew what I was doing.I whirled Charlie around and kissed him all over. Oh, thank God he's all right... I'm not sure what I would have done if he had been wounded...I think I would have died, gone on a murdering spree or worse.

"Fleur! There are far too many kisses!" Charlie groaned and pushed me back, his hands on my chest. When I glanced at him, he had a flush on his cheeks and serious eyes, yet he was still alive and smiling. "What's your issue, dude?" I drew him into a close hug as he peered at me with those dark brown eyes.

"Never again," I mumbled as I nuzzled against his neck. "You terrified me." He relaxed and wrapped his arms around my torso. "All right," the chief said as he embraced me back.

"Charlie, how the fuck are you chief of police if you can't get out of a fire, you absolute twat!" I flicked his forehead before planting a quick kiss on it.

I then stepped back from Charlie and frowned at him. "Didn't I tell you we didn't want an early morning visit?" I inquired in an unusually serious tone. I sighed and cuddled Charlie again as he stared at me with brilliant, wide eyes. How could I be furious when he had such an innocent expression? "Don't worry about it; just try not to do it again."

Charlie, clearly perplexed by my abrupt shift in attitude, simply nodded, and I drew back again. But this time, I grinned at my beloved and said, "How about I make breakfast next time?"

Then there was a phone call, Charlie has a worried expression on his face, fear filling his soft brown eyes. He nodded his head a couple of times while murmuring a couple of things into the phone before putting it down.

Shakily, he told me what was happening, "Bella is in the hospital."