Chapter Sixteen.

"Enid, Enid." Wednesday kept calling, "at this rate I'll find her in a ditch." Wednesday angrily mumbled to herself, these thick wood weren't helping anything, and somehow Wednesday still heard the loud music from the party, even with being meters away.

As Wednesday kept walking there was still no sign of Enid, the only sound to be heard was her own footsteps crunching against the leaves. But, in the dead of quite a branch snapped behind her, "I'm armed." Wednesday hissed, turning around. "Enid." Wednesday said calmly. The werewolf sniffed, had she been crying...

"Enid wipe those useless tears off your face." Wednesday grunted as she grabbed a napkin from her pocket and cupped Enid's cheek, the blonde sniffed and let Wednesday clean up her face, she blushed embarrassed to be seen like this.

"Now, are you going to tell me what exactly happened, in that small window where I happened to not watch you." Wednesday huffed, Enid sighed and whined a bit, she didn't want to talk about that. "Enid, it's going to have to come out eventually." Wednesday crossed her arms, Enid frowned and looked at the ground, Wednesday was slowly growing impatient but she knew if she reacted "wrong" Enid would just bolt off, again... so the raven haired girl took a mental breather and placed a shoulder on Enid, the blonde blushed not expecting the touch...

"Come, sit." Wednesday walked over to a tree and leaned against, slowly sliding down into a sit. Enid lightly smiled and joined her, but avoid eye contact with her, Wednesday grunted. "Well, what happened to you and Ajax, did you tell him, or not." Wednesday said blankly, Enid clenched her fits and sighed, she'd turn to Wednesday and finally spoke up.

"No Wednesday I didn't, I was too embarrassed and too frightened, I don't understand why I can't... maybe it's because I'm scared of loosing him, as a friend or, my darkest feats actually coming true." Enid sadly sobbed, Wednesday backed away at all this emotion, what was Enid so scared of... herself?

Wednesday just carefully placed a soft hand on Enid's shoulder as she continued to sob into her hands, this was the most Wednesday could do without physically upsetting her more.

"T-thank you for trying Wednesday..." Enid sniffed and lifted her chin up, wiping her face in her already messy hands, Wednesday huffed and gave her the used napkin to as least tidy up, the blonde smiled as a thank you, Wednesday turned away and lightly blushed...

"Ugh I look like a mess..." Enid quietly chuckled, Wednesday turned back towards her and smirked, "you don't say." She'd raise a brow, making Enid laugh, "thank you for the obvious Wednesday." Enid playfully teased, "my pleasure." Wednesday said blankly, with just a hint of humor. "Quite frankly I thought you were somewhere in a ditch." Wednesday grunted jokingly, Enid turned to her with a shocked expression, "Wednesday!" The blonde yelled, Wednesday calmly shrugged and smirked, Enid playfully scoffed. "I mean I did almost grip on a tree root, but that doesn't count." Enid crossed her arms glaring away from Wednesday, " uh-huh." Wednesday hummed, Enid huffed in a grumpy manner... "wait... I'm no longer sad." Enid thought, smiling widely.

"Thank you Wednesday." Enid fully turned her body towards her and placed a hand on her thigh, Wednesday looked her up and down... her heart weirdly started to race, "I'm I dying?" Wednesday thought, Wednesday gave her a simple nod and quickly got up, wanting to avoid that...

"It doesn't matter anyways, I was just simply distracting you, it'll only be temporary." Wednesday huffed, Enid smiled and got up. "Oh Wednesday." Enid playfully shook her head, Wednesday rolled her eyes and turned to her, now face to face.

"Well, where to, I do believe that you don't want to go back to the party, god forbid I do." Wednesday hissed slightly, Enid lightly chuckled and turned towards the loud music and flashing lights. "Actually I do... I want to spend some more time with my friends, you can join me if you want." Enid smiled her eyes narrowed hopefully, Wednesday hummed and started at the ground momentarily thinking...

"Perhaps, but there will be no fun involved." Wednesday growled, Enid cheered and grabbed Wednesday's wrist pulling her towards the party, Wednesday grunted but allowed this moment to happen... Enid secretly was blushing.

To be continued:

May have mistakes

Y'all I'm so sorry for the wait I'm trying to get my GPA up and science is kicking my ass right now— anygays enjoy!