Chapter: Twenty one.

Walking through the forest at night was always Wednesday's favorite pass time, she admired the chill effect it had on her, it was calming.

"I doubt this silence will last long, I have a suspicion feeling someone is following me," Wednesday announced, loudly. The sound of shrubs rustling behind Wednesday caught her attention, she turned and to no surprise, she already knew who it was; Yoko. "No surprise, I heard you coming a mile away, and shouldn't you be hung over." Wednesday scoffed, Yoko would scrunch her face and rolled her eyes, "yeah, yeah nice to see you too Wednesday, and I'm out here to clear my head, Divina wouldn't stop lecturing me." Yoko stated, "I see." Wednesday hummed as she kept her pace, Yoko decided to walk with her, possibly to enjoy her company. "What brings you out here?" They asked, Wednesday turned and lightly exhaled, "Enid.' She's been acting awfully strange, and I do not want to get into her business, I learned last time." Wednesday blankly answered Yoko looked at her with a sympathetic look, and Wednesday growled. "Stop looking at me like that, and don't say what I think you're about to say." Wednesday huffed, annoyingly. "Have you guys had a heart-to-heart, and don't lie Wednesday I know you have one, deep down... Somewhere." Yoko seriously asked, Wednesday looked away. "No, she's been avoiding me mostly, and I too." Wednesday answered Yoko looking at her, "and why is that?" She asked, Wednesday simply just shrugged, "I can tell, she's hiding something but I won't ask what, it's none of my business to snoop as I mentioned earlier." Yoko nodded listening closely. "Wednesday I don't want to make you uncomfortable but I can say this on the behalf of most of our friend group when I say, something is going on between you and Enid." Yoko lightly suggested, Wednesday turned away not wanting to admit anything it was out of character for her to do so...

"Wednesday, you should know something, it might be harder for Enid, she- has internalized homophobia." Yoko lowly whispered, Wednesday turned to them and raised a brow. "How did I not know of this sooner?' everything makes sense now..." she whispered the last part, Yoko hummed confused. "Go on," Wednesday demanded, Yoko awkwardly coughed and looked forward. "Well, she's been like that for a long time, I've known her for years she and I were neighbors, and good friends but, growing up in the household she had, was tough, her parents always argued and her brothers were never there to mentally support her... She didn't have it easy, especially with her mom, now I won't out what her sexuality is but, just please talk to her Wednesday, she really cares about you, and I can see you do too." Yoko smiled and stopped to face Wednesday, Wednesday kept her face straight but internally was pleased with what Yoko just said. "Thank you for the advice Yoko, but-" Wednesday paused. "If I ever find you, telling anyone else what you told me, I will break every bone in your body and blend your skin into a smoothie..." Wednesday grabbed her by the collar, threatening them. "Okay, okay, ha please let go, I don't want to end up six feet under." Yoko awkwardly chuckled, Wednesday rolled her eyes and let go of her grip. "Thanks-" Yoko hummed respectfully. "Uh, good luck Wednesday, and don't blow it, because that is my best friend so I too won't hesitate to try to break you-" Yoko partially threatened, Wednesday smirked proudly, "I would ask for nothing more." Wednesday softly chuckled, and Yoko smiled. "Alright bye, Wednesday see you tomorrow." Yoko shouted, "good night," Wednesday yelled back, she watched Yoko leave and quietly looked back at the academy, her dull eyes looked at their dorm, Wednesday should have known... After their... Incident Wednesday couldn't stop thinking about it, her instincts wanted to protect Enid, but this awkwardness between them needed to stop, tomorrow Wednesday would finally talk to Enid. She smiled and continued to walk off into the night.

To be continued.

Finally about time, sure Wednesday is slow emotionally but she cares for Enid so now they two can finally be at peace, unless... 👀