Chapter: Nineteen.

It wasn't too long of a drive back, Wednesday magically kept calm the whole ride, just seeing Enid so peaceful made her want to protect her... and just be by her side, "ugh." Wednesday growled lightly.

"Hey, need any help getting her into your dorm, I can spare some time—" before Kent could finish his sentence Wednesday gave him a snare look and grabbed Enid's limp body, one hand only her hip, and the other gripping her shoulder. "I can handle this." Wednesday scoffed, Kent sighed and politely nodded. "See you tomorrow." Kent calmly waved Wednesday goodbye, the girl didn't return the favor.

Wednesday slowly crept up the long staircase, Enid somehow still laid asleep on her, "at least she's quite." Wednesday annoyingly huffed. One by one stair she carefully made sure no one was around, if someone saw them like this suspicious and rumors would start to raise, and for Enid's sake...

Wednesday snapped out of her trace and finally reached the last step of the stairs, she'd closely look around and sighed of relief no one is sight. As she dragged Enid slowly to the door the blonde began to mumble things in her sleep, Wednesday paid no attention to it, she opened the door and slowly closed it behind her. "Finally." Wednesday quickly dropped Enid into her brightly colorful bed, "ugh." She'd nearly gag at the colors even at night her room still managed to be neon.

Wednesday slowly began to walk away but she stopped half way through, she slowly turned her head back to the sleeping blonde and grunted, she couldn't leave her cold like that. She'd angrily pull herself together and lifted up Enid ever so slightly so that she could be placed under the sheets, Wednesday looked down to see her smiling, Wednesday lightly hummed and stroked Enid's hair, she'd sigh and walked towards her side of the room.

Since she wasn't tired yet Wednesday decided to read a book, she had her fair share of Stephen King books, she wouldn't say they were her favorite but the author did put nice details into his writing which Wednesdays admired, as a writer herself. "It, what an interesting title choice, perhaps it's metaphorical." Wednesday hummed opened the first page of many.

Wednesday found herself reading the book for an hour before something interrupted her. Wednesday placed the book beside her right side, she'd grunt and looked over at Enid, it seems that she shifted in her sleep. "Noting to worry about." Wednesday huffed sitting back in place and starting to read her book again.

A few more minutes went by and again Wednesday heard Enid shuffle in her bed, the girl ignored it, Enid was always known to be a wild sleeper, But in the dead of quiet Enid suddenly jumped up from her slumber and loudly gasp, Wednesday immediately rose from her seat and looked at her from a far, did she have a nightmare?

"Enid, you're fine it was just a dream." Wednesday calmly walked over to her, standing at the foot of her bed, Enid panted and looked up at Wednesday she looked terrified. "Enid, calm yourself, you'll wolf-out." Wednesday commented, Enid whined and hugged herself, Wednesday couldn't help but feel as though something else was wrong. "Enid, what was this dream you had." Wednesday asked blankly, Enid whipped away some tears but didn't answer, Wednesday could only assume it was either; Enid being afraid of one day wolfing out on Wednesday, or a psychological fear... either way she knew Enid wouldn't tell her, especially in the state she was in.

"Enid would you like some tea, to at least calm yourself." Wednesday asked softly, Enid glanced at her confused on this kindness, but her head was throbbing so she didn't want to question it. "No, I need something for my head, but I doubt you have that." Enid sighed rubbing her head and whining in pain, "her whining is more irritating than her whimpers." Wednesday angrily thought.

"I can see what I have." Wednesday scoffed. "Please make sure it won't kill me." Enid partially joked, "wouldn't be the worse thing in the world, your headache would go away easily." Wednesday smirked, Enid huffed. "Very funny." "Yes, I am hilarious." Wednesday bluntly snickered.

Wednesday searched her bedside table, normal she'd have a variety of random trinkets so she should find something. "Oh look, CVS painkillers, hm wonder where I got that." Wednesday hummed in amusement, Enid looked over and made a suspicious face, "I don't... even want to ask, but just give me one will you." Enid sighed in defeat, Wednesday got up and threw her the bottle, Enid politely nodded and popped it open, taking one and dry swallowing it. "That's surprising, you can swallow pills dry?" Wednesday looked over and hummed interested in this new fact. "Oh, I have to take my ADHD meds so I've learned to dry swallow any form of pills." Enid calmly smiled and answered her question, Wednesday hummed satisfied with that answer.

As Wednesday turned to began reading her book she heard a soft sigh from Enid's lips, it made her spin tingle... she'd narrow her eyes at herself, upset that it let her affect her. Enid let out a small whimper and Wednesday heard the sound of the bed creaking which meant Enid turned herself around to face Wednesday, "great." Wednesday thought.

"Wednesday, can— you come lay with me, please." Enid softly whispered in a begging voice, Wednesday oddly smirked at this behavior, she'd turn her body and now faced Enid. "Please, you can bring one of your black pillow, I don't care, we don't have to share, please Wednesday I don't want to be alone..." Wednesday's body stiffened hearing her say those words weirdly reminded her of that one fight they had, but she quickly brushed the feelings away. She started judgmentally at Enid, not letting her guard down. "Wednesday, I know there's a heart in there please, I know it may be hard for you to do this but please, I won't sleep well if I can't... seek comfort in your arms." Eid pleaded, Wednesday lightly huffed and turned her head away from a moment thinking... "hm, she won't remember this tomorrow, so what's the point, no Wednesday don't let her get to you." Wednesday internally argued with herself.

Enid sighed in defeat and just grabbed one of her many stuffed animals but jumped as she saw Wednesday in the corner of her eye. "Wednesday..." Enid gave her a confused gaze, "move over." Wednesday demanded, Enid cheerfully smiled and scooted herself, Wednesday rolled her eyes and sat down, taking off her shoes before she laid in the bed, Enid's smile grew and embraced Wednesday in a hug, Wednesday growled pretending to not enjoy it. "You better promise this does not happen again." Wednesday grunted, Enid nodded, "I promise okay." Enid chuckled and laid on her side, and turned off the lights, Wednesday still laid there stiff as a border, but as the light in the room dimmed Wednesday heart started to race... Wednesday turned her head and stared at Enid's blonde hair, she'd lightly hum and than annoyingly sighed submitters to affection. She'd lay on her side and spooned Enid, her cold hands locked at her stomach and her nose dug into her neck, Enid's body flinched at the touch but soon the two melted into each others form... slowly falling peacefully asleep.

To be continued!
May have mistakes

Sorry for such slow updates collage is kicking my ass, but we are finally getting some more wenclair development, please remember this is a slow burner so this will be a long story and take a while until they actually become official in this story.