10

KENDALL

It's been two weeks since the day at the beach. I've only been in LA for about three weeks but it's been the best three weeks ever. I get to go to the beach every day. Trevor lets me tag along with him everywhere. Mallory and I try to hang out every few days even though she's insanely busy with her internship.

But I also can't stop thinking about Jamie, and him living right across from me doesn't help. He keeps doing these little things that make me weak in the knees. Like when I fell asleep on the couch during our impromptu movie night, he covered me with a blanket and plugged in my phone. Then there's been the mornings when he's the first one up, he'll pour me a cup of coffee as soon as he hears me leave my bedroom. Or just how he makes me laugh with his little chirps at my brother all the time.

"Mal, I'm gonna loose my mind," I say leaning forward on the table, "I can't tell if he's just really nice or if there's something more there."

Mallory, who's sitting across from me, laughs at my dramatics. We're out to brunch before we go on a quick shopping trip.

"You can have him, you just need to make a move," she says it as if it's so easy.

"Trevor would kill me or him, or both of us. Plus they play together, if Trevor was mad at him it could hurt the whole team," I'm trying to explain it in a way that makes sense.

Mallory's an only child so she doesn't get the whole 'don't date your siblings friends thing', especially since she kinda broke that rule with Griffin. But I guess she and Grif both came to me first before anything happened.

Okay maybe she has point, but they're two different situations, I guess. Kind of? Maybe. I don't know anymore.

"Okay but you're all adults," she counters.

"You've met my brother right?" I raise a brow at her. I love Trevor but sometimes I wonder if he's twelve or twenty-one.

Mal chuckles, nodding as she fills her mouth with a bite of her omelette.

"I also don't know if I'm ready to date again," I sigh looking down at my plate of food. I tried to be heathy so I ordered avocado toast and fruit, now all I want is a pancake with lots of syrup.

"Kendall," I can hear the lecture coming by her tone, and by the way she's looking at me, "Its been almost two years. Do you hear me? Two. Years. Kendall. You were ready to date like a year and a half ago. And I know for a fact people have tried to get with you! You're hot, so duh. I say fuck it, fuck the dude!"

"I'm not just gonna fuck him! That's not what I want."

She raises a knowing brow at me.

"Okay, I do want that but it's Jamie. He's like another brother to me," I pause scrunching my face, "Okay maybe brother isn't the right word, it's like we're best friends."

"And then what the hell am I?" She pretends to be offended.

"My bestest friend ever, duh!"

She nods approvingly, taking another bite of her omelette.

"What is it about him?" Mallory asks.

It's everything.

Living with my brother? The funnest thing ever. We have dance parties at two am, we get to tease and mess with each other like we used to.

But Jamie? Every time we do something, I feel so at ease. I've never felt the way I do when I'm around him before. He makes me laugh. He's like a big teddy bear.

Then there's every time I cook and Jamie tries to help. He not the best at cooking but he's a really great helper. I also have a habit of hurting myself when I cook, in the past week I've burned myself three times and I cut my finger once. And every time Jamie's been there to help fix me up.

I sigh and jab my fork into a piece of pineapple, "He's just," the sweetest, kindest, gentlest, funniest guy I've ever met.

I chew the piece of pineapple, "He's different."

"You're blushing!" Mal points her fork at me.

"Duh! I already admitted to liking him," I pick up another piece of fruit with my fork.

"Make a move at the show tonight!"

"There's going to be a big group of us, someone will see," and by big group I mean, Mallory, Trevor, Jamie, Alex and I. We're all going to see Calvin Harris tonight, the venue is a giant stadium with multiple performers before him so it's kind of a festival vibe.

Which is also why Mal and I are going on this last minute shopping trip, we both decided, last night, that we needed new bags for the show.

"Fine, don't, just suffer. I don't know how to help you," the way she says it isn't mean though, she's more teasing me than anything. And I love getting her opinion but I just don't know what to do right now.

"I don't even know how to help me," I sigh pushing my fingers through my hair.