11

KENDALL

I'm sitting in my room, filming a get ready with me for TikTok when someone knocks on my door.

"Come in," I turn around to look at the door as Jamie sticks his head in

"Will you maybe help me pick an outfit?" He sounds like a nervous little boy.

I smile, nodding, "Give me like five minutes and I'll come to your room."

He nods and then is gone.

I rush to finish my makeup and the video. I'll edit it tomorrow.

I lightly knock on Jamie's door a few minutes later.

"Come in."

I let myself in, "Okay," I put my hands on my hips, "Let's get to business."

"What are you wearing?" He asks still laying on his bed. I haven't changed yet I'm still in the bike shorts and t-shirt I wore to brunch.

"Jean shorts, an orange bikini top, and this cute green stripped button up Mal gave me," I answer making my way over to his closet, "Can I?"

"Go ahead," he nods.

I push open the sliding door of his closet, "Do you have any idea of what you want to wear?"

"No, that's why I asked you."

"You have a lot," I'm pushing through the hangers of t-shirts, "And I mean a lot of white t-shirts."

"I like basics," he shrugs.

"It's like fun beach, rave vibes, do you have any fun patterned shorts?" I ask pulling out a white short sleeve button up and turning to him.

"Uhm," he rolls off the bed and walks over to his drawers, "Like these?" He holds up a pair of pink shorts with blue palm tree leaves on them, they look like they're meant to be swim trunks.

"Yes! Those with this!" I hold up the shirt, "Change and then I wanna see it."

I leave the room, shutting the door behind me, because as curious as I am to see every inch of him, I can't just stand there and watch him change. Because one, that's weird and two I don't think I have the self control to keep my hands to myself.

But a minute later he opens the door and as simple as the fit is he looks so good. I might actually be drooling.

"Undo a few of the buttons," I smile stepping forward, unlatching the first three buttons. I can feel his eyes on me, and my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest.

Okay maybe Mal was right, I just need to just make a move.

I look up at him and either I'm crazy or he's looking at me like he wants to kiss me too.

No, Kendall, no.

"Hat or no hat?" Jamie breaks the silence.

I take a quick glance at his hair, he just got it cut so it's not curling up at the ends like it was just a few days ago. I like the longer hair. But now it's short and he almost looks like Clark Kent, he just needs a cute pair of thick framed glasses. Okay maybe I like the short hair too.

"No hat," I decide as I adjust a piece of his hair into place, "Uhm I'm gonna go change."

I turn to leave, not leave, run. I need to get away from him. I don't know how to act around him. I haven't had to deal with a crush like this in years. I don't know what to do with myself, I hate it.

With Connor, and even Jack, it wasn't like that, they both made every move. But with Jamie I never know what he's thinking, he's quiet, doesn't say what's on his mind. Connor always said exactly what he wanted when he wanted, there was no questioning anything.