43

KENDALL
THE NEXT DAY

"Ken?"

I don't move, keeping my eyes closed as I respond, "Mhm?"

This bed is so comfy.

We ended up staying and hanging out with Jamie's friends until two am.

They were all so nice. At one point the boys went to find more wood and it left us girls to sit and chat. Jess and Sophia were both so sweet. Jess is absolutely hilarious, she has a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor and I love it. Sophia is quieter but very sweet.

"I'm heading to the gym, do you wanna come?" Jamie asks.

"No," I slowly open my eyes to find Jamie already out of bed and changed into gym clothes.

"I'll be back before lunch, help yourself to anything in the kitchen," he leans over and kisses my forehead.

"What time are we leaving for lunch?" I ask.

"Just be ready by like twelve," he shrugs, "Charlie's flight lands around 11:30, we'll meet my parents out there."

"Okay," I smile up at him, "Have fun."

"Love you," he says as he turns leave the room.

I smile to myself, watching him walk away, "Love you."

I don't think I could be happier then I am right now.

I spend a while longer in bed, scrolling on my phone before I finally get up and brush my teeth. I pull on a pair of Jamie's sweatpants over my shorts, they keep their house kinda chilly, and head downstairs.

I promise I packed my own clothes but Jamie's are so much more comfortable. I even slept in one of his t-shifts last night, and I still have it on.

"Good morning," I smile when I see his Mom sitting with her laptop in front of her at the kitchen table.

"Good morning," she smiles over at me, "How'd you sleep, honey?"

"Good, other then Jamie taking up most the bed," I chuckle.

"He spreads out like a starfish! He's always been that way," she laughs pulling her glasses off, "The guest room is always open if you want it."

"Thank you," I smile at her as I start to scan the kitchen for a coffee pot.

"I brewed a fresh pot of coffee just a little bit ago," she starts to stand up, "Do you drink coffee?"

"I'd love a cup, please!"

Mrs. Drysdale walks into the kitchen and opens the cabinet above the coffee maker, "Any cream or sugar?"

"Sugar please," I say as she grabs a cup and fills it with coffee.

"There's some in the pantry," she says. I nod and walk to the pantry pulling out the tin labeled sugar.

"Jamie said you're good with technology, could you help me with my email? It's doing something weird when I try to send this PDF to my coworker," she explains as I walk over to her. 

"Yeah, I can try," I smile.

"Thank you," she smiles at me handing me the cup of coffee.

"Is it giving an error message? Or will it just not send?" I ask as I open the drawer looking for a spoon.

"Drawer on the right," she says. I nod and follow her instruction as she keeps talking, "It just keeps saying failed to send."

"The file might be too big, I can show you other way to send it," I say stirring in some sugar to my coffee.