Night two

Before I knew it I had to be back at work. Tonight's shift was going to be shorter since it wasn't my first day anymore, but that also meant my dad wouldn't be able to drive me since he had work the next morning and had to get a goodnight sleep. My mom had offered, but she needed sleep too, even if she said she didn't. My mom was the complete opposite of my dad, he was all tech and computers and maths. My mother however was all books and writing and emotions, you know what they say, opposites attract. She was currently working on her second book of a popular series she had just begun to publish, and my father had some crazy invention coming along at work. That was why we moved, so my mother could have the quiet she needed and my dad could be closer to the main workshop where his invention was being made. This town was actually quite nice, everything was incredibly close and easy to reach, such as the park where my mom could write and my sister could play, my father's workplace and my workplace were all a ten minute bike ride away. Of course there was also the school Cass and I were going to attend once the summer was over.

At 11:45pm I left the house for my 12:00 - 6:00 am shift at Freddy's, it was a short pieceful ride that was actually really relaxing, that was until I reached my destination. As soon as I turned into the parking lot I felt my nerves spike up, my palms turned sweaty and my legs felt like jello, and just at the sight of the place! I hadn't even walked in and I was already freaking out, damn this could be a problem. I chained up my bike and walked in, composing myself, everything would be fine once I got to the office. It somehow reminded me a bit of when I was younger and every time I would be last to leave the basement I would shut off the lights and run up the stairs at full speed to get away from the ghosts and monsters that lived down there in the dark depths.

One day I wanted to teach them a lesson. I was feeling rather powerful that day and when I shut off the lights I began to walk up the stairs as though it was nothing but a regular basement. However I instantly regretted my decision, it felt as though I was being watched at every angle, and that something was just waiting to pounce. Inside I was horrified, but I had to put on a strong face to show the monsters who was boss. That was exactly the way I felt now, if I was to give in and run to the office, it would be defeat. So I trudged forward, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other until I finally reached the office. I let out a loud sigh as I stepped in and saw Mike already watching the cameras. He turned to me and flashed a grin.

"Scared?" he asked, his signature creepy smile plastered on his face.

"Not at all" I responded, lifting my chin. "What makes you think that?" I walked over to my chair and sat down trying my hardest to play off the fact I almost tripped twice while doing so.

"Oh nothing" he shrugged, trying his hardest not to laugh. What an asshole. I scoffed and checked the tasks we had to complete today. It wasn't a long list, but it wasn't short either. Not to mention almost every task took two people to complete, which made me want to cry. I really couldn't get a break could I? I laid back in my chair, throwing my head back and sighing, this is not what I signed up for. Sorry, it is exactly what I signed up for, I just didn't expect it to be so hard. I sat back with my eyes closed, praying to whoever could hear me that I would last the night. Suddenly I noticed Mike had gone completely silent and when I opened one eye to check up on him he was staring directly at me, his face looking as though his favourite food had just been served for dinner. I smirked, lifting my head to look him directly in the eye. His face dropped back to his usual frown as he stared back, but his eyes were still as wide as those of a doe.

"I take it you don't like the tasks on the list" he said, turning back to the monitors.

"Nah it's not them I'm worried about... It's the fact I have to get them done with you" I rolled my eyes standing up. Mike scoffed and whispered something along the lines of "ya me too" and sood up as well.