Weekend :)

When I finally got home from my shift I could barely stand, I just walked right up to my bed and collapsed, exhaustion taking over. With everything that had happened that night I had really needed my 12 hours. I woke up just on time for dinner with my family and scurried down the stairs to join them. It went as usual with my parents asking about my job and my sister knowing I was definitely not telling the whole truth. I made a mental note to tell her before going to bed. My parents discussed their day at work, my mother had just finished her draft for her new book.

"I'll let you read it if you'd like, just know it isn't finished yet" she said to my sister and I. We were both jumping with joy, we were our mothers number one fans, she was one of the best writers I had ever met. That may or may not seem like a stretch, but I had in fact met plenty of other authors. After dinner I told Cass about how Mike and I were going to keep in touch using walkies and she couldn't help herself but sing that stupid nursery rhyme about Mike and I k-i-s-s-i-n-g in a tree, and the crazy part was, I agreed with her. He was being so nice now, how could someone not start liking him. She went off to sleep practically planning our wedding, it's so much fun having a little sister isn't it. I snuggled up in bed with the copy my mother gave me of her book. It was a whole bunch of pieces of paper stacked together, but I absolutely loved this part of the process. It was so much fun to see the book transform over the course of the year, I couldn't wait to have it printed properly. I was about halfway through when a voice spoke in the darkness, scaring me half to death.

"You there? Over"

"Mike? Over" I asked, he had taught me to always finish my sentences with 'over' to ensure that I was done and hadn't cut out.

"Wow you actually answered, over" he sounded surprised and happy to hear my voice.

"Well ya dumbass, what if you were in danger or something and didn't want to call the police, over" I responded, although that was certainly not why I answered.

"Sorry, should have known you'd only pick up if I was dying not simply to talk to me, over"

"Shut up, you know I want to talk to you" I said playfully and I heard a small laugh escape Mike's lips on the other side. "What's on your mind? Over"

We talked for at least an hour, Mike was complaining about the animatronics and I was offering emotional support. I couldn't believe I actually wanted to be at work right now. That creepy, animatronic infested scare house. I swear, boys will make anyone do crazy things.

"Hey Y/n, over" Mike spoke up, breaking the momentary silence we had entered.

"Ya Schmidt? Over"

"Why did you pick up?"

"Hm?" I didn't really know what he was asking.

"Why did you pick up the phone? You know when I called you at three in the morning on a Sunday"

"I don't know, maybe I just like talking to you". I yawned after finishing the sentence, lying down in a more comfortable position with the walkie resting by my head.

"Oh". Was all Mike responded, he was quiet for a minute, as if he had entered some kind of shock. It wasn't uncommon for me to say something like that, after we had just spent an hour talking about random things and complaining about the pizzeria. Maybe he was expecting a bit more of an answer? However he quickly went back to complaining and I couldn't help but laugh at his whiny voice. After another few minutes I yawned again and Mike offered to let me go, especially since my family and I were supposed to go out for lunch tomorrow. I said goodbye and put the book and walkie away before snuggling up and falling asleep to the memory of our conversation.

------------------------------------------------------

This is a really short chapter (700 words) but it's just kinda like a buffer in between the two weeks and to show how cute Micheal can be. Also, idk if it's obvious bc if you're reading this fic you obviously know that it's Micheal Afton not Mike howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in this story Y/n doesn't know that quite yet sooooooooooooo ya :)