Night seven

I was determined to find out just how much Mike could take before he lashed out again, this time hopefully to reach the problem he spoke about. My head was buzzing and I was practically floating as I biked to Freddy's. I quickly locked my bike, impatient to see Mike again, walking into the building I had to stop myself from practically running to him. Wow, I'm obsessed. In the hall right before the office I composed myself and walked in to see him already gone and started on tasks. I sat back in my chair and watched him work, this time it wasnt on an animatronic, but just simple repairs on the stage and confetti dispensers. I sat there bored, the job really wasn't the same without him around. I snuck glances at the papers still scattered all over his desk and it all came back to me in a flash... How had I forgotten?! I rolled my chair over as quickly as possible and began looking through the papers for the one I had seen the other day. Mike must have noticed or simply gotten super busy with work because owner manuals and blueprints for the animatronics were the only thing I could see. Finally I found the paper, however there was another one hidden behind it, this one with greater details.

"William Afton, prime suspect for mass murder at Freddy Fazbear's family pizzeria" read the headline.

My stomach plummeted and it felt as though the world had come to a complete stop, the silence absorbing the room like a thick black goop. I immediately cursed my curiosity and quickly put all the pages back overtop of each other. I rolled back to my side as quickly as possible, staring into space. There had been a murder, in my place of work and the man who hired me was the prime suspect. How did I not know this!? Perhaps this was why I had been hired on the spot. Suddenly, I couldn't care less about Mike, or his looks, or what he was doing. I flipped through the cameras mindlessly, tapping my foot on the floor, trying to calm my nerves. I waited impatiently for Mike to get back, I needed to confront him about this, now, what was taking him so long! After what felt like hours of waiting he finally packed up his things and began heading back for the office. I sat in my chair watching as he made his way back casually towards the office, how could he be so calm hiding something so big!? When he finally entered the office I jumped up, almost knocking over my chair.

"Mike!" I said hurriedly, walking over to him.

"Well someone excited to.." he began but I cut him off.

"Don't. What are you hiding, why do you have those papers?"

"What papers? The animatronic blueprints? Come on Y/n you know i'm a mechanic" he teased, leaning forward a bit. I couldn't take his sarcastic responses anymore. I need answers now.

"Don't lie to me Michael" I said pointing my finger at him and he stopped in his tracks. His face suddenly went dark, like darker than before, if that was even possible.

"How do you know that..." he gritted his teeth and took a step forward so he was towering over me.

"What?" I asked, incredibly confused, where was this coming from.

"My name," his eyes were as dark as night despite his eyes being the bluest I've ever seen.

"You told me your name? Mike what's going on you literally told me your name was Mike the first time we met?" I said, laughing awkwardly.

"My real name," I could tell he was getting impatient.

"What? Micheal?" he gritted his teeth and I stumbled to get my next words out. "Um ya I don't know, lucky guess? I just assumed, ya know, with your name being Mike and all..." I made eye contact with him and immediately regretted my decision, he was fuming. Until then I had avoided eye contact, too scared to look anywhere but my feet.

"Guessed?" he scoffed. "I don't believe you, what's my last name then?" I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off. "And not that bullshit, you know it's not Schmidt"

"I seriously don't know what you're talking about... Schmidt," that really pissed him off.

"Fine then, don't tell me ". With that, he turned away and marched out of the room, off to do some task. I sighed and sat back down in my chair, avoiding eye contact with the papers on Mike's desk... or was it Micheal now? It had honestly been a lucky guess, I had been friends with enough Mikes in school to know most of them were actually called Micheal, and to be a hundred percent honest, I kind of thought Mike might actual spill the beans on what the papers were about if I used his full name... if only I knew his 'real last name' or so he talked about.

I sat on the cameras for a good minute before my curiosity caved in once more. Honestly though, how could it not, if Mike got so annoyed by the simple use of his full name... I wonder how pissed he might be if I used his last name. After all, I needed a way to get back at him for leaving me in that room alone. It had been almost a week since that incident and I hadn't gotten back at him yet. I slid my chair back over and while keeping my eye on the cameras, Mike was still doing his thing, tinkering away on one of the old animatronics. I began looking through papers again, this one with a photo of William Afton, the prime suspect of the murder and his family. It was a nice photo of them, standing in front of their new restaurant. The title read 'New restaurant with exciting twist opening this summer'. Of course I had only assumed it was William and his family, I went to check the description of the picture to see if it was true and sure enough the description read 'William Afton restaurant owner, furthest to the left". I inspected the other faces more closely like a real detective. William had three kids, two sons and a daughter, the eldest however... seemed familiar? I checked the description once more.

'Michael Afton... eldest son of William afton, second to the left'

"Holy fuck"

-------------------------------------------

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHITS GOING DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, word count 1k :)