Night six

I tried not to think of the papers I found on Mike's desk, but the question seemed to loom over me, what is happening at Freddy's that I'm not aware of. Part of me wants to trust that if Mikes on the case then I have nothing to fear, but the other part worries he might not even understand what's happening.

I pushed it all to the back of my mind as I locked my bike in front of the pizzeria, my bag a little bigger than most nights. Inside I had brought the remaining darts that I had at home, as well as a foldable target. Perhaps this exquisite chance to flirt with Mike would be enough to keep my thoughts happy and away from the mysteries that lay beneath my feet.

When I entered the room Mike was already there reading over our task.

"If we finish these quick we might have and hour or so to practise" he smiled

"Well that's perfect" I smiled back pulling the foldable target out of my bag and shook it a bit. "I brought our equipment", he smiled again and watched me as I used out super duck tape to stick it to the wall. A few hours later we found ourselves back in the office, target set and darts accounted for.

"Ready?" I asked handing him the darts

"As I'll ever be" he responded, positioning himself in front of the target, holding his darts... all wrong, this should be fun.

"How about you show me what you've got before we start?" I proposed, getting ready for the show that was about to go down. Mike readied himself and threw his darts one at a time... missing the target every time. I couldn't help myself but burst out laughing, the confidence he had before had deflated like an old balloon.

"Stop laughing, you said you'd help me" he pouted and I almost felt bad for laughing, then I remembered all the times he had made fun of me and I made sure to get in one last giggle before composing myself.

"Alright" I said, sighing and wiping a tear from my eye from all the laughter. "First of all you're standing all wrong, bending yourself closer is only cheating and making it seem like you're practising at a higher level than you are. Your feet could be at 10 feet but by bending you're actually throwing at 9 feet"

"Then how come I saw you bend last night when you threw your shot?" He said, attitude in his tone.

"Don't mock the teacher" I gave him a tap on the head and he put his hands up a bit in apology, "and for your information I lunged for better ground, if you were paying attention you would see that my back was stiff and straight. Now try again with better posture, you looked like Quasimodo"

"Thanks" he rolled his eyes and got his focus back on the target, keeping his posture up. He only missed one shot this time, the rest landed on the border, but still on the target.

"Better" I smiled as he retrieved the darts "but this time try not to throw at the ground and hold your dart better" I got closer to him, grabbing his hand and positioning it properly so his grip was firm on the dart. I then stepped closer and grabbed his arm, my body pressed against his. Even though I had planned to do this since the beginning I hadn't realised how nervous I would be with Mike so close to me. I could hear his breathing get heavier as his heart began to race. Suddenly, he let out a shaky breath he had been holding and I almost melted at the sound, but I had to remember my mission if I wanted this to go my way.

"Watch the way I move your arm towards the target but I never move your wrist, that's the motion you want to recreate" I turn my head and our face we're inches away, his mouth in a scowl but his face a pink mess. I smiled and stepped away, moving my arm in a dramatic gesture towards the board.

"Your turn"

It took a minute for him to actually throw his shot, perhaps a bit too flustered to focus, however he hid it well. This time he was much more successful, all three of his shots landed on the target, one of them barely skimming the target.

"Nice," I said, putting my hand up for a high five which he gladly returned, "you're a fast learner" I smirk, taking a step closer.

"Only because I've got a great teacher", he smirks as well, taking a step closer to me. By the look on his face I could tell he wanted revenge, but I wasn't done yet. I took another step closer until we were basically up against each other, Mike towering over me.

''Think you deserve a reward?" I inched closer to him so that we were almost touching.

"Maybe..." he whispered and leaned down to my height. I lifted my head and leaned forward, but when I was mere inches away from his lips I pulled back a bit and brought my lips to his ear instead.

"Here, I'll collect your darts for you for your hard work" and with that I took a step back and turned towards the board. As I was making my way over I could practically hear Mike fuming. I had almost finished picking up all the darts when two large hands grabbed my hips and quickly spun me around. Mike was in front of me, his hands against my hips pressing me into the wall. He. Was. Fuming. I should have known that the trick I pulled would grant me a reaction like this, i mean, it's Mike Schmidt we're talking about. His eyes bore into mine, his mouth moving from a frown to a smirk when he realised how flustered I had become. I mean, I had had so much confidence beforehand when I was in charge but when Mike took the lead I had completely lost my senses. I didn't think it was possible but Mike got even closer, his leg going in between mine and his head dropping down to my ear.

"Pull something like that again... and we're going to have a problem" he pulled back and gave me a half smirk half scowl and stepped back, heading back to his desk. My watch alarm went off and I found it hard to believe my shift was almost over. As I left the building I thought about what Mike said and blame me for being weird but... I kinda wanted to see what kind of problem we would have... 

---------------------------------------------

Aw damn, I was kinda hoping they would kiss. Meh they just met last week and haven't trauma bonded enough, even tho this story is fast pace. Word count 1.1k