The morning with him

We drove the same road we took last time, but this time it wasn't in the silence we were in last time. We spoke of everything and nothing and I felt I was really getting to know Micheal. Ever since he had opened up about his past I had seen him in a new, softer light. Speaking of light we had arrived at the spot right on time. The sky was turning shades of pink, orange and purple as we pulled into the parking spot we parked the last time we visited. I let out a small astonishing gasp, it really was the best place to watch the sunrise.

"It's pretty beautiful huh" Micheal said

"Gorgeous" I replied, turning to look at him, but instead of his eyes being on the sunrise they were on me. I blushed bashfully, it was stupid and cringey but oh... "I thought we came here to watch the sunrise?"

"We are... aren't we?" He lifted one eyebrow and gave me that signature, stupid grin.

"Oh, well if you're busy I won't bother you with a distraction".

"I think it's pretty impossible to not be distracted when I'm around you". His words were silly, childish and I loved them.

"Oh really?" I leaned in closer, if that was even possible. At that point Mike and I were inches away. I yearned to just get on with it, close the gap and express the way I felt for him but messing with him a little was an awful lot more fun. "How so?"

"Well... I just can't get my head straight... y'a know?" One thing about Micheal Afton was he held eye contact... and I mean Held it. His eyes never once drifted from my face as he spoke, either looking me in the eye or looking at...

"Ya... I feel like I can relate. Your head gets foggy and you just want to do stupid things..."

"What kind of stupid things" I hadn't realised it but the closer we got the quieter we spoke, his last sentence practically a whisper.

"Kiss you" I whispered back and that I did. I leaned in as he was and our lips met and it was like fireworks. Finally, Finally, Finally! It felt like a weight was lifted from my chest, like everything had come full circle.

Afterwards, we continued to watch the sunrise or... sort of. By the time the sun was up my stomach was rumbling, I hadn't eated since before my shift and I was starving.

"How would you like to have lunch with my family?" I asked Micheal as we pulled out of the parking spot.

"Wow, meeting the family already, I must be pretty special". I lightly smacked him in the arm.

"Shut up, you know you're very special, and yes I'm serious. Come have lunch, my dad is making his signature lasagna." Micheal agreed and we both went home to enjoy lunch. When I rang the doorbell my mother wasn't at all surprised to see Micheal, she invited him into the house as if he had always lived there. We walked into the dining room to chat while my dad made lunch. I could tell Mike was on edge from the moment we walked in, I grabbed his hand gently and squeezed. A small act to let him know everything would be alright.

"I see we have an extra joining us for lunch?" My dad said as we walked into the dinning room. Our house was perfect for guests with a huge kitchen overlooking an even bigger dining room. Perfect for all the dinner parties my parents often held.

"Yes we do, dad this is Mike" I said sitting down, i'm not sure why I didn't introduce him by his full name but he didn't seem to mind. My dad gave him the classic dad wave by sticking his hand over his head and pursing his lips into a thin line. I gave Mike a smile, my dad was always friendly but it was still good to see them get along.

As lunch went on Micheal seemed to relax more and more, engaging in conversation with both my parents and eventually my sister who came down to see what all the fuss was about. She was especially happy to see Mike, I could see her giving me looks from across the table the entire time. When lunch was eventually served Micheal looked like he was going to ascend after taking a bite for the lasagna.

"This lasagna is scrumptious!" He said before devouring the rest like it was his first meal in days. My parents were pleasantly surprised and by the end my dad had promised to make a container for him to take home. After lunch my parents got back to their activities and left Mike and I to hang out. I offered to go to my room and heard the classic,

"Keep the door open by an inch!" from my dad in the kitchen. But by the time I got up to my room I was too tired to do anything. We lay on my bed, full and exhausted, but it was all amazing. I couldn't tell how long we were lying there or what time it was. All it was, was Micheal and I, together, at peace. Not in some crazy, animatronic infested job, just the two of us relaxing. At some time, I'm not sure when, I layed down and shut my eyes for what felt like only a second... However, it seemed I drifted off not long afterwards.

-------------------------------------------------------------

STOP why was some of this chapter so cringey, romance is so easy to read BUT WRITING IT? diferent story entirely, hope it wasn't as cringey to read as it was to write and I hope it's even any good kjdskjbf.