𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀 | 𝐊𝐇𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐕. 𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍

WHILE ANGELIQUE, PERCY, FRANK AND HEDGE were out on a side quest, I was stuck here on the ship

WHILE ANGELIQUE, PERCY, FRANK AND HEDGE were out on a side quest, I was stuck here on the ship. I was out on the deck alone, and for once, bored out of my mind with nothing to do. I almost wished a monster would pop out for a fight.

I had wanted to apologize to Hazel but Annabeth was already with her, and I wanted to catch Hazel alone. Despite Hazel being the angry one at me, I found myself worried about if Angelique was angry at me too. My mind kept replaying that scene where she told me about Nico and how no one deserved to die. She was right.

I finally decided on thinking Angelique was probably disappointed in me. Honestly, I was disappointed in myself too. I turned, facing away from the railing and buried my face in my hands with a sigh.

When I pulled my hands away, out of nowhere, something shimmered in the air before my eyes before solidifying into an image. A tall boy with piercing blue eyes and a lean build appeared to be standing before me. An Iris Message I believe.

But from Khian?

My face turned into a frown. "You?"

The son of Khione scowled in a way I knew girls would still like. His eyes roamed over me critically. "I don't want to see your face either. But I can't seem to reach Angelique for some reason."

I leaned against the railing, my back pressing against the wooden handrails before crossing my arms. "Maybe because she doesn't want to see your face. You were being an ass to her after all."

I noted with a hint of satisfaction that I caught him off guard. Khian's eyebrows lifted. "How did you-"

"So you don't deny the fact that you were an ass to her."

The scowl quickly returned. "I was going to apologize."

"She was hurt enough to have tell me what happened, you know that? So please try and lose that scowl, I don't know what your problem with me is anyway."

Khian growled once in frustration, running his hands through his messy white hair. "Because you're way too good."

I arched an eyebrow with a questioning look, edging him on.

He threw his hands in the air. "You're perfect! You're Mr. Goody two-shoes who can do nothing wrong." He glowered. "You're so fucking pure it almost makes me sick."

"Thank you?"

"And that's what makes you better for her."

I paused. Then I laughed. "This is what it's about? Jealousy?"

Khian looked like he wanted to pull his hair out. "I'm not even supposed to be having this conversation with you right now. I'm supposed to be apologizing to her. So where is Angelique?"

I contemplated on how to answer him. There was a single frightening moment when I wanted to be sarcastic and say, "On my bed." I quickly threw out that option.