𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀 | 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐌𝐄

A/N — I found this on Pinterest and found it funny because it's literally how I'm portrayed in this story... except for "the day of you were born is your strength", cause combat is the real strength

(Birthday is August 25th; Hair color is black; Eye color is brown/black)

THIS MORNING I awoke to the sound of a different ship horn

I barely had time to dress.

By the time I got up on deck, the others had already gathered—all hastily dressed like me, except for Coach Hedge, who had pulled the night watch.

Percy was wearing a breastplate and pajama pants, Leo looked like he just caught on fire, Frank's shirt was turned inside out... and well, at least we were all dressed.

Then there was Angelique. Night-colored hair a mess, oversized Ohio State shirt on and a pair of jean shorts along with black converse she seemed to have thrown on.

Yesterday was still clear in my mind. The task at hand forgotten, her silky hair between my finger pads. She was so close yet so far. I remembered her deep, fathomless eyes, that seemed to unnerve others but pulled me in like a sailor to a siren. Eyes that for some reason looked like they were trying to warn me not to get any closer.

I don't know what had gotten me so bold yesterday, but I definitely did not feel that confidence today.

About a hundred yards to port, a massive cruise ship glided past. Tourists waved at us from fifteen or sixteen rows of balconies. Whatever the Mist was making them see, it wasn't a greek trireme with half-asleep kids and a man with goat-legs.

The cruise ship blew its horn again, and the Argo II had a shaking fit.

Seeing that there was no threat, Angelique sighed and hung her twin bronze blades back to either side of her hips.

Coach Hedge plugged his ears. "Do they have to be so loud?"

"They're just saying hi," Frank speculated.