eleven.

"We're so fucked."

   Sirius nodded in agreement as he popped another chocolate frog into his mouth, sinking further into the cushions of the common room couch.

   Jovie frowned, "I just don't know where Knoe could be, she could be anywhere."

   Peter scoffed, "what the hell is with these names?"

   James ignored Peter, poking his finger into Jovie's side. "Come on, cheer up, we'll find her. Where haven't we looked?"

   Remus tilted his head in thought, "everywhere, we've literally looked everywhere."

   Sirius suddenly shot up, a chocolate frog bouncing out of his hand. "I've got it!" He turned to his friends enthusiastically as he grinned like a maniac, "the room of requirement! We haven't checked there!"

   Jovie raised a brow, "room of requirement?"

   James nodded, a smile pulling his lips. "Sirius is right, we haven't checked there." He stood, slinging his arm over his best friend's shoulder. "Let's go!"

* * *

   "Woah," the blonde let out a breath in awe.

   She looked around the huge room as she made her way to the center. It was a giant space, columns in a circle around the center where a skylight shined down.

   Peter clung close to Remus' side, "is it just me or is it way darker in here than normal."

   James nodded, his hands tucked into his pockets, "yeah, I feel like there's normally torches in here or something."

   At the sound of movement Peter jumped, scurrying to join the rest of his friends in the center of the room. Jovie stared into the darkness, "Knoe? Is that you?"

   The rustling came closer, Jovie slowly backing away as she held a hand out, her friends behind her looking unsure. Slowly a huge occamy emerged into the light, pressing its beak to Jovie's outstretched hand.

   James nearly pissed himself.

   He leaned over to Sirius, "why the bloody hell is it so big? It looks like a dragon!" Sirius shook his head, his hand firmly clasped on the back of Jovie's shirt.

   "No idea, the other two were so tiny and cute," he whispered back.

   Remus stared at the creature in fascination, "occamy's can grow to fill any space. The room of requirement is pretty bloody big."

   Jovie reached her free hand behind her, "nobody make any sudden moves. Pete, suitcase."

   Peter slowly leaned over to hand the blonde the case, balancing on his left foot. Everyone stayed still as he wobbled, holding the suitcase out to Jovie as he stayed in his rather ridiculous looking position.

   Sirius grinned, this was almost too easy. He turned to whisper something to James, the boy's face twisted up. Sirius frowned, "James don't," he hissed.

   James couldn't help it.

   He burst into laughter causing Peter to topple over into Remus, Sirius quickly yanking Jovie back as the occamy shrunk back into the darkness.

   Remus glared at the brunette, "seriously?!"

   James heaved for breath as he doubled over, his arms wrapped around his stomach. "I'm sorry! He just looked so stupid!"

   Jovie looked around frantically as the creature weaved in between the columns of the room, growing as she did so. The blonde whipped to her friends, "we need a bug, any bug. And some sort of container."

   Peter glared at James, "would a deer work?"

   James glared back, "what about a rat?"

   Remus pushed his two friends apart, "guys! Go find a bug!"

   Jovie shook off the confusion of their argument as she looked back up to Knoe. The confined space was beginning to squeeze her as she flapped her wings, swinging her tail around violently.

   "Everyone look out!"

   Her wing scooped Jovie off her feet as her tail sent Sirius across the room into a stack of trinkets. The black haired boy sat up, holding his head. "Bloody bird-snake." He turned to his right, a teapot sitting there.

   He grinned, "I've got our container!"

   James scanned the floor, cursing to himself as he crawled between the creature's body searching for some sort of bug. Just as the tail lifted he spotted a roach, scurrying by Peter and Remus.

   "Wormy! By your feet!"

   Peter looked down, letting out a shriek as he clung tighter to Remus. The tawny haired boy scowled, "Peter! Move!" He dove towards the floor just barely missing the bug.

   Meanwhile Jovie had managed to scurry up to Knoe's head, now whispering things in her ear in hopes of her calming.

   "Guys! I've got it!"

   Remus held up the cockroach, stumbling back into the wall as he was trapped by the occamy. He held his breath as he felt his ribs compress, "hurry!"

   James sprung up, finding a random lid on the ground, "Sirius come on!"

   Sirius shoved the teapot into Peter's arms, "I've gotta get Jo."

   Remus groaned, "it's getting a little tight over here!"

   Jovie looked around at her scattered friends, quietly shushing them. "Nobody move, seriously this time," she warned, their movement coming to a stop as all eyes fell to Knoe who was staring intently at Remus.

   Remus gulped, clutching the wiggling bug tighter in his hand. "Wormy," he whispered, Peter looking up from his teapot. He shook his head rapidly, Remus nodding nonetheless.

   "Catch!" he withdrew his arm, chucking the bug into the air.

   Suddenly everything was set into motion again as the occamy whipped around, throwing Jovie off as she dove towards the bug. Sirius took off into a sprint towards the falling girl as he dodged the creature's flying tail.

   Peter stumbled forward on his feet, "I-I've got it!"

   The bug landed in the teapot perfectly, Peter squeezing his eyes shut as the occamy dived towards him. It began to shrink in size as it fell straight into the teapot, James running forward.

   "Gotcha!" He slammed the lid onto the teapot just as Sirius managed to catch Jovie. Jovie grinned as she clung to Sirius, "we did it."

   Sirius smirked, "damn right."

   Remus watched his friends, sighing, "I hate all of you, so much."