twenty one.

"WE WIN!!"

   Marlene engulfed Mary in a hug, the two almost toppling over from their drunken excitement. Lily groaned, glaring at James, "you are trash at pong, Potter."

   He flushed, "you were distracting me..."

   Alice grinned from where she was standing at the side of the table, "well drink up Lils."

   Frank pumped his fist into the air, "drink! Drink! Drink!"

   Fabe and Gideon joined in the chanting, everyone erupting into cheers when Lily finally downed the cup, her red hair falling back from her face.

   Jovie shot her friend a sympathetic glance as she made her way through the crowd and past the table. She passed Remus and Peter who were both in a heated debate with Barty and Evan, something about how deep the snow is.

   Barty held up his hands, "fine then lets go fucking measure!"

   Remus glared at him, "fine!"

   All four were thoroughly drunk but what was the worst that could happen?

   Jovie made her way to the couch, taking a seat between Pandora and Dorcas. Dorcas was knocked out, snoring as she leaned onto the sleeping Regulus next to her.

   The blonde sighed, she was utterly exhausted.

   It was somewhere around 2 in the morning and they had been partying since 10. This party was much more fun than the last, Jovie made sure to keep a handle on her drinking and seeing who had to kiss who was interesting.

   Jovie glanced at Regulus, her mind flashing back to earlier.

   They were talking by the drink table when a mistletoe appeared above them, Dorcas letting out a shriek as she cheered for them.

   To avoid drawing a crowd Jovie had just grabbed the boy and planted a quick kiss on the corner of his mouth. When she pulled away he was flushed red, grinning widely.

   "I have to pee."

   Jovie shocked herself with her own words, maybe she had drunk more than she thought. She quickly stood, making her way through the crowded living room and to the first floor bathroom.

   The hallway was almost like a different world.

   It was empty and much more quiet, the red and green flashing lights not reaching this section of the house. Jovie nodded her head to the sound of the music blasting as she went to open the door. Just then the handle was pulled from her grasp, the door opening.

   Sirius stood there.

   He grinned at the sight of the blonde, "hey I haven't seen you in like an hour."

   Jovie grinned as she nodded, "I've been on the couch, steering clear of any drinking games you know?" Sirius nodded at this as he ran a hand through his hair, making it messier.

   Just as he was about to step fully in the hallway he was stopped by some invisible forcefield. The black haired boy frowned, "oh no."

   He slowly looked up, a mistletoe above them.

   Jovie's eyes widened as she looked up to Sirius, her face flushing a deep red. She should just get this over with like how she had done with Regulus.

   This time felt different though.

   Sirius was busy trying to ram himself through the forcefield, cursing loudly as he did. He barely noticed when Jovie tugged his sleeve, the blonde having to do so again and harder.

   She chuckled awkwardly, "you know the rules."

   Sirius nodded, running a hand down his face, "sorry about this."

   He quickly cupped her face, bending to place a quick peck on the girl's lips before drawing away. Just like that the mistletoe vanished and the barrier lifted.

   However neither of them moved.

   Jovie was dead silent, her face emotionless as her cheeks flushed red. Sirius had forced himself to take the action so quickly he barely got to feel the softness of her lips. He stared down at Jovie, cursing at his missed chance.

   His only chance.

   Jovie slowly raised her hands, grabbing the front of the boy's loosened collared shirt. She squeezed the fabric between her fingers, feeling its softness and wondering if it compared anything to the feeling of his fluffy hair.

   It didn't, not one bit.

   She slowly pulled him down before pressing her lips to his. It was slow at first, each getting used the the curve of the other's lips, finding where to put their hands.

   But then it was like something snapped.

   As if they both realized how little time they had or how the drinks they had were wearing off.

   So they stumbled into the bathroom, Sirius slamming the door as he lifted Jovie to the counter, immediately connecting with her lips again.

   He gripped at her hips, her thighs, he played with her hair and ran his hands down her back.

   Things he couldn't do before.

   Jovie ran her hands through his hair, messing it up further as she gasped for breath in between each kiss.

   She couldn't really think straight at the moment.

   In fact she wasn't thinking at all.

   She felt Sirius press his body to her as he moved down from her lips to her jawline, then to her collarbone.

   Both had forgotten all about the party going on.

   "Arms up," Sirius breathed out, Jovie immediately doing so as he slid off the sweater Eupheima had gifted her, tossing it to the ground. His lips immediately reconnected to her chest, the blonde watching his face intently as he did so.

   Then there was a knock.

   Sirius shot away from Jovie at the sound, both kids freezing. "Open up, i've gotta piss!" They heard Marlene call from outside the door.

   Jovie clasped a hand to her mouth, her face impossibly red as she slid down front the counter, immediately grabbing her shirt to pull back on. "Sorry, occupied!" she called feeling a twinge of guilt in her stomach.

   Sirius watched her in horror as he realized what he had done. This was the girl his little brother was in love with.

   How could he be so selfish?

   He quickly ran a hand through his hair as he redid the buttons Jovie had managed to make come loose, the two standing as far from each other as possible.

   After they each were situated they stood in silence, staring at each other. Then, out of the pure blue, Jovie broke into a grin.

   Sirius couldn't help it, he grinned too.

   Jovie pointed a finger at him, "your hair!" she began to laugh, Sirius joining her before they were both doubled over, gasping for breath.

   And it was just like always.