epilogue.

"Oh my gosh! I'm a mom!"

   Jovie fanned her face, James keeled over laughing at his sister in law, "Jo you're a godmother, calm down." Sirius was right beside him, laughing his ass off as he tried to stay on his feet.

   Lily frowned at them from her hospital bed, a small baby cradled into her arms, "shut up! You're going to wake Harry!"

   Remus rolled his eyes at his friends, running a hand through his messy hair, "you guys still act like children."

   Jovie ignored the chaos behind her, only focused on the bundle of joy in her best friend and sister in law's arms. "Can I please hold him?"

   Lily laughed, "of course you can."

   She carefully placed the baby in her friend's arms, Jovie cradling him close to her chest, "you're so perfect, little baby."

   Baby Harry opened his eyes, babbling as he reached his hands up at the woman. He placed a finger on her cheek, trailing over the scars that lined her face.

   "Oh Harry.... Harry!"

   Jovie blinked, now finding herself in the boy's nursery, Harry screaming and crying in her arms as she shielded him from the scene around.

   "It's okay, it's okay," she lied to herself, looking over Remus' shoulder to the dead bodies of her best friends.

   "Jo, we need to go, let's go."

   Remus tried to urge the blonde out of the room, Jovie frozen in place as she stared at James' wide eyed face.

   "J-James, he's-" she choked.

   "Jovie!"

   "Mummy!"

   Jovie sat up with a start, clasping at her heart as she breathed heavily. She took a moment to catch her breath, noticing a weight on her legs.

   She looked down at the little blonde haired girl, grinning from ear to ear. She was in her night dress, her curly hair going every which way as she fiddled with the star necklace around her neck.

   "Only one more week till I see Ginny!" the girl sang, referring to her best friend.

   Jovie smiled slightly, "yeah that's right."

   She pushed back the covers of the bed, standing and lifting her daughter to the floor. The little blonde ran from the room, her mom following slowly behind.

   She entered the kitchen, Remus standing there with an envelope in hand and a cup of coffee. "Good morning," he hummed, placing a kiss on the woman's forehead.

   Jovie smiled, filling up a cup of coffee for herself, "the mail came?"

   Remus nodded, kneeling down to scoop up Cassie as she ran laps around him. The girl burst into a fit of giggles as he blew into her stomach before setting her down on a stool.

   Jovie set a bowl of cereal in front of the girl, turning back to the counter where Remus stood. The man looked concerned, "what is it?"

   Remus sighed, "it's from Dumbledore, he's offering me a position as a DADA professor."

   Jovie's brows furrowed, "seriously?"

   Cassie cheered from the table, "Uncle Remmy's coming to Hogwarts! Uncle Remmy's coming to Hogwarts!"

   Remus scoffed, smiling slightly in disbelief, "we could see Harry again."

   Jovie grinned, "well what're you waiting for, write him back."