Chapter 35- Welcome to Canada!

"Welcome to Canada!" All of the elves cheerfully exclaimed as the in-laws woke up. "...Eh?" They quickly added.

"What an easy flight! We cruised right through customs." Dad chuckled.

Sylvia, Carol's mom, had short strawberry-blonde hair, and a makeup-covered face. "Oh, what a strange flight. It was like a dream." She spoke in a soft tone.

"And such a nice meal."

"They gave you a meal?" Carol's dad, Bud, scoffed. He was a bald older man, who had a grouchy face. "I got four nuts in a pouch.

"And you had us sit in coach." He grumbled, pointing an accusatory finger at my dad.

"No, that was first class. And I got a chance to sit next to Tony Bennett." Sylvia giggled a bit.

"Mom! Dad!" Carol happily cried, pushing through the crowd of elves.

"Sweetheart! Sweetheart!" Sylvia happily cried.

As Carol and the in-laws reunited, I decided to lead Mom, Neal, and Lucy into the workshop. I approached the door and unlocked it; we had locked the workshop doors from the outside so the in-laws didn't stumble in by mistake. As I opened the entrance, all three sets of eyes lit up as they stared at the workshop in wonder. I smiled to myself; I loved the tingly feeling I got from seeing people so in awe of the magic of the Pole.

"Magnificent," Mom exclaimed.

"It's amazing," Neal muttered.

Lucy smiled from ear to ear as she looked around the workshop. "Killer!"

"Hey, guys!" Bernard strolled up to us and greeted everyone.

Mom gave my husband a quick hug, and Neal followed. "How have things been going up here?" He asked.

"Busy." Bernard nervously laughed. "Just trying to keep everyone on schedule."

I pecked the head elf on his sparkly cheek. "He's doing an amazing job as always," I told my mom and stepdad.

Bernard blushed and sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. "Thanks, (Yn)."

Lucy suddenly tackled Bernard into a hug from behind, almost knocking him over. "Hi, Bernard!!" She happily chirped.

Bernard brightly smiled. "Hiya, Lulu!" He spoke, ruffling her hair a bit.

"Can you show us around the workshop?!" Lucy asked, giving him her babydoll eyes. "Please, please, please?"

Bernard pretended to think hard about it. "Well...all right." He teased.

Lucy jumped up and down with joy and cheered. Mom and Neal beamed, both hardly able to contain their excitement.

"But, Please remember, you're welcome to observe, but don't touch or interfere with the toy-making process," Bernard added, back to his head elf persona.

"I'll make sure she doesn't get into anything," Neal assured, looking around the room with childlike wonder in his eyes.

"Look! Kobi the Magic Panda and accessories!" Lucy exploded in delight, dashing down the stairs toward one of the many workstations.

"Lucy!" Neal cried. "Lucy, come back here!" He exclaimed, running after her. He suddenly heard the sound of a train whistle, and a huge smile spread across his face. "Whoa! Trains!" He spoke, making a beeline towards the train building work table.

I glanced up at Mom, expecting her to go after Lucy, but all she said was, "I'm... I'm just gonna go make a doll!" She eagerly shook my shoulders, before bolting off.