The GATE

-M29. 671-

Terra. Cradle World of humanity. A place where the Astronomicon burns bright, spreading its light across the galaxy. Shining as the torch of humanity's existence as a species.

Terra itself is a planet of shining blue diamonds of the Imperium. There, the Imperial palace was built upon the transformation o the Federation into the Imperium of Man after they triumphed over the Aeldari Dominion.

In the continent spanned Imperial Palace, there was Sanctum Imperialis. A place where the Golden Throne is located as the heart of Astronomicon.

Behind that Throne was the center of human Webway that, after the war, the Imperium managed to connect the entire network of remaining Webway to Terra.

There was a massive man in his golden armor on that particular Throne. His mighty presence in the Warp perpetually burned any taint around him.

Connecting to his golden Throne, the man concentrates his power on assembling a very exoteric technology he had acquired in Aeldari's cradle world.

An engine that could evolve the Golden Throne even further.

That man was known by countless names through the ages.

He is The Emperor of Mankind, Revelation, Master of Mankind, the Bastard of Humanity, The Lord of Perpetuals, and Anathema.

Many names and titles marked his existence.

Now, he was simply called the Emperor.

When he peered deep into the Warp, he saw the Eye of Terror, born from Aeldari's capital world. Fortunately, it was much different from the alternate universe he had witnessed thousand years ago.

This one is smaller and drastically calmer than the Eye of Terror in that timeline.

Emperor himself cursed that reality more than anything in his immortal life. The future where humanity degraded into such a barbaric culture, losing their might as a species. Plagued by religious dogma and superstition.

The worst part is he was the one who became the god for humanity to worship.

He was not a god. He never was. The Emperor saw the galaxy burn as humanity's fate dwindled on the Ruinous' claws.

Even now, he is in the same position as the God-Emperor. But he made sure that particular future would not happen.

After several hours of psychic manipulation across the device, Emperor witnessed another flicker in reality.

Fate suddenly changed by unknown means.

It disturbs him; furthermore, the place where it will happen is in Terra itself, the outer palace, to be precise.

The Emperor stopped his actions, returning his consciousness to his material body. Disconnecting from the Golden Throne, the Emperor rose from his seat.

Teleporting onto the balcony, the Emperor watched Terra in its full beauty.

The metallic structures of the sky are pure, like glass. It was born from human mastery over the Warp and the material universe. A place that resembled heaven between nature and technology, as nature itself was engineered by countless mechanics to create a perfect balance.

Various titanic orbital plates float in the sky. Countless trillions live on this planet. Thanks to Imperium's technologies, every Imperial Terra citizen could live a utopian life.

"Something distressing you, my Emperor?" A genderless voice came to his mind.

"Fate is changing, Alexander," Emperor replied.