Welcome to Japan

-M29. 671. JSDF Base-

As they entered the inner base, the 5th team spotted a massive Aquila Tempestus, a Thunderbringer-class airship. It is near twice the size of their Land raider. Instead of flawless metal skin, its surface was ornamented with nano-scale detail embellishment. The Golden Aquila symbol deep marked in its Auramite structure.

Despite its artistic appearance, this airship is filled with esoteric weaponry and defensive mechanism. Originated of the best from Mars.

"So, Lord General had first arrived here before us. Since when?" Mal remarked, holding his chin in wonder.

"That vehicle not only provides with finest weaponry and armor. It was also included with one of our most advanced forms of stealth technology." Maiya replied her comrade, smiling as her eyes scanned the personal vehicle of the Lord General.

"He is Lord General, after all—moreover, Lord General Sol. A man is responsible for security around the Sol system and its surrounding systems. Nothing in particular." Nathaniel added.

"But still. Thunderbringer airship... Adrathic Annihilator and Twin-linked Neutron Laser Destructor... those weapons alone... It was the best that the JSDF did not aware of those mass destruction tools' capability." As an Apothecary who grew up inside a medical school, Mal was unfamiliar with Imperium's weapon arsenal.

"I hope they never learn that," Raias decide to end the conversation, receiving nods from his teammate.

They entered the base. Due to the Land Raider's size, it could not enter the deeper zone as it would block a large portion of the passage.

The giant vehicle stopped as Raias used his vox channel to speak with the Princess. "I will open the door for you, Princess. I hope we manage you with a good trip."

"Let's meet up with the Lord General, then." With that, the 5th Recon Team went outside their Land Raider.

"So this is JSDF base," Pina muttered as she looked at her surroundings.

"It was much larger than our military barracks," The blonde mused.

Not long after, Itami's team arrived with their own version of horseless carriages.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Captain." Itami greeted the Solar Guardian.

"Don'y worry. We also just arrived." The transhuman waved his hand in dismissal.

"Still, I was surprised how fast that tank could move," The Japanese said with a wry smile.

"It is a grav-vehicle. Without gravity and friction, it can move like the wind," Nathaniel told the JSDF with a smirk.

"Don't know why; I feel jealous," Kurata muttered, feeling a wry taste in his mouth.

"Waits for 27.000 years, then you will have it." Kuribayashi retorted.

"Damn, I wonder how advanced we are in that... M29, right?" The young JSDF asked the red-haired Solar Guardian, which only received a wink.

"You will see when you come to our Gate." The answer made the said man widen his eyes.

"Am I invited?!" He asked enthusiastically.

"Hmmmm..." Mal hummed, then she smiled. "Maybe."

This leaves the young man to deadpanned at the Solar Guardian's antics.

"I wonder. Are they truly the same soldiers we've seen before. I mean... They slaughter those bandits cold-hearted." Kuwahara murmured to his superior.

"Maybe they are more complex than our thoughts. Or maybe they are just like us, normal people." Itami said to him, shrugging.