Meeting With The Emperor pt 1

-M29. 671. Terra. Imperial Palace-

The Imperial Palace is the most complex planetary building in the entire Imperium. Its maze-like structure is designed to be not only a trap for intruders but also serve as a marvel of human and Silica Intelligent. Filled with nearly infinite psychic wards, the Imperial Palace connected directly with the Golden Throne. Thus, the purified Warp energy born from the Anathemathic power of the Emperor finds its way across Terra.

It was an ever-present power of the Emperor, a reminder of his strength and might.

Within this encompassing benevolent light, the Imperial Citizen can sleep peacefully. Their soul shall be protected like countless others in the Sea of Souls by the Emperor's light.

It was also the warm presence felt by the Imperial's guests. It was a gentle embrace that shielded them from horrors that haunted them in darkness.

Tuka, Lelei, and Rory felt the presence even further, given their status as the most warp sensitives in the group.

"The light... It fell warm." Lelei remarked, glancing at her palm.

"It would be the light of Astronomicon, Lelei Lelena," Malcador said; keep walking forward.

"Astronomicon?" She asked, feeling intrigued.

"The light of the Emperor's psychic might," Malcador said slowly. "It was a beacon that shines in every human's soul, protecting them in the form of Anathematic power."

Lelei was only left with questions in her head, unable to find answers to satisfy her thirst for knowledge.

"You want an answer. Am I wrong, Lelei Lelena?" The ancient psyker asked.

"Yes, Lord Malcador." The blue-haired mage answered bluntly.

"Be patience, Lelei Lelena. Your journey to Prospero will answer that question." The High Lord smiled under his hood.

"I want to ask, Lord Malcador," Pina asked.

"Ask anyway, Princess."

Pina swallowed her saliva, strengthening her mental fortitude. "With my humblest intention, may I know what kind of man the Emperor of Mankind is?"

It was a nearly suicidal question. Pina is utterly aware of this fact, but he decides to ask it. She might be foolish, as this foolishness shall answer her curiosity.

"Curiosity kills the cat. But the satisfaction brought it back." The ancient man said with a hearty chuckle.

Only the Japanese can understand the idiom; others titled their heads in confusion.

"Soon, your answer will come, Princess," Malcador said, slightly turning his head to the red-haired Saderan.

As they walk deeper into the Imperial Palace, the sheer presence of Anathematic energy becomes denser.

Unlike others, Rory can feel her connection with her god dwindle. It did not take her a long time to realize the unknown energy of the Emperor caused this.

The vast presence who is capable of slowly grinding her divine connection.

"Rory, are you okay?" Tuka asked the Apostle.

"I-I'm fine." She replied, smiling weakly.

There is no power this mighty that can burn another god's power. Something about this Emperor seemingly did not fit with the Apostle—Anathema, a name that brought shivers to her spine.

"I think now would be safe," Malcador said, stopping his step.

"Lord Malcador?" Aizawa asked about the sudden change by the old psyker.